IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
http://www.norco.com/pub/ftr/Norco-%20frame%20Point%20of%20purchase%20poster%20-EN.pdf

[Quoten]The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling Norco bicycle frames because they can crack and separate, causing a rider to fall from the bicycle and suffer injuries.

The recalled bicycle frames include the following model year and model names: 2007 Team DH, 2008 Team DH, Aline Park, Aline, Atomik, Shore 1,2,3, 2009 Atomik (without gussets). All colours are included in the recall and the model name is printed on a decal on the top tube of each frame/bike.

About 3,600 of the frames were sold in the United States from September 2006 through February 2009 for between $2,000 and $7,000 US each.

All owners should immediately stop using the bicycle frame and contact a local Norco dealer or Norco directly for information regarding receiving a possible replacement frame.

-CBC.ca
[/Quoten]

[Quoten]Safety Recall: NORCO Bicycle Frames
Models and Model Years affected:
2007 Team DH ‐ 2008 Team DH, ALine, ALine PE, Atomik, Shore 1‐2‐3 and
2009 Atomik
(without gussets)
Even though these frames have exceeded the requirements of the world’s most stringent
testing standards, Norco has received reports that the head tube areas of these frames can
develop cracks in abusive riding conditions. These cracks could cause the head tube to
separate from the remainder of the frame, resulting in a fall from the bicycle, an accident
and personal injury.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Immediately check your frame in the areas shown in the photographs above. If you see any evidence of a crack,
do not ride your bicycle. Bring your bicycle to your Norco dealer to make arrangements for your continued riding.
If your frame shows no signs of any cracking, you may continue riding your bicycle. However, you may not perform any
jumps or drops greater than 5 feet (1.75 meters) in height. If you perform any jumps or drops, you must use proper
riding form, and both wheels must land simultaneously on a transition or down ramp. In addition, you must inspect
your frame before every ride to make sure that there is no evidence whatsoever of any crack. Contact your local Norco
Dealer to schedule a free front triangle replacement upgrade, whether or not your frame shows any evidence of a crack.

recall@norco.com

-NORCO
[/Quoten]

photo

Wonder what this means for frame owners, what frame is Norco going to be replacing these with? Anyone found out yet?

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
Wow, I'll be sure to pass this on.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
mattpelley wrote:
pfft. thats a norco for ya
Yeah, you're right, they are being honest and will get you back on a bike as soon as possible. They will replace your front end for your own safety, and (I guess) free of charge.
Pfft, good customer service, don't you just hate it?

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
mattpelley wrote:
Atleast they tell you, unlike kona... oh wait you ride a Kona

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
BigCityRollin wrote:
mattpelley wrote:
nope. in my pic its clearly a specialized p.1

mattpelley wrote:

that's the maturity & IQ of a 14yro for ya

mattpelley wrote:
BigCityRollin wrote:
mattpelley wrote:
And under the 'Bike I Ride' section, clearly a Shred.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
bromontrider wrote:
mattpelley wrote:

His IQ is the same as his age tup

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
jammyboy366 wrote:
bromontrider wrote:
mattpelley wrote:

His IQ is the same as his age tup
wow you guys should lighten up abit im justin playing around.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
okay im freaking out now because i just bought a 2008 shore three and my swing arm snaped when i went off a curb so think i could get a refund on my shore

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
family4 wrote:
okay im freaking out now because i just bought a 2008 shore three and my swing arm snaped when i went off a curb so think i could get a refund on my shore

this recall doesnt affect rear triangles. Your rear triangle should be replaced under the regular 5yr warranty. Sounds like in your case you'll get a new rear triangle replaced under warranty and front replaced with recall.

FL
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
jammyboy366 wrote:
mattpelley wrote:
Yeah, you're right, they are being honest and will get you back on a bike as soon as possible. They will replace your front end for your own safety, and (I guess) free of charge.
Pfft, good customer service, don't you just hate it?
Dude. +100 for you

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 19:46 Quote
family4 wrote:
Oh yeah, the old "just riding off a curb" warranty claim...

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
mattpelley wrote:
BigCityRollin wrote:
mattpelley wrote:
your a f*cking tool stop trying to be cool by insulting a company that stands behind there products

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 20:58 Quote
flatlandmtb wrote:
mattpelley wrote:
BigCityRollin wrote:

your a f*cking tool stop trying to be cool by insulting a company that stands behind there products
It's good they stand behind their product, but it's not good that they even had to do a recall in the first place.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009357
Mobile Version of Website