IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
IMPORTANT Norco Recalls Bicycle Frames Due to Crash Hazard!
Posted: Aug 25, 2011 at 16:43 Quote
wheeldrop wrote:
The release from Norco says ABUSIVE riding. See the problem with producing Bikes is people will go beyond "reasonable" and expect the frame to hold up. People expect to do drops to flat for 5 years and not have the frame snap. Stupid, but common sence is not so common. The bike is fine. Hit your big doubles, drops to trannies what ever. JUST BE SMOOTH, it's ALUMINIUM it won't last forever. 5 years is a good life expency for an Alu frame. After 5 years sell it to some sucker or what ever but it's time for the frame to go IF you ride it hard. In this case Norco has made a frame that won't stand up to hacks and butchers or the just plain mentally slow, and now are paying for it.

I just snapped my Shore rear seat stay couple of inches above brake mount. I only rode this bike for 8 days , and it was smooth no bottoming or missing any trannie. . I was just getting used to it liked it alot until it cut my day short .

I am now questioning the name Shore they say it is North shore proven and a worthy Whistler bike but it may be in the same catigory as the Nomad .Good for pedally fun but nothing to hairy. What is this its like riding with a parental guidance rating on your frame .

Our product is a burly freeride bike but don,t hammer on it cause our desighn and welds fatigue. Is that a good thing to believe dont do ten foot drops. the bike is restricted to a certain level.Dont push your limits on something that is not up to the task .Reminds me of another bike co that my friends 120 lb gf broke .
Is it bad to ride hard and be frowned upon for doing so .This is not a timid sport and the more you charge the easier it is. If you are aggressive you can power through terrain un imaginable.
Lots of times you feel under gunned on single crown,When everyone else is on a bigger bike. That shore does feel zesty and has a big bike feel.
We can count 9 frames i have fatigued some have no warranty .You name it i broke some heavy duty frames im 160 lbs, Peelers, Big hits, & Banshees.[/Quote] I agree totally. Riders put their bikes through hell a lot of the time. They take care of and always upgrade forks, cranks, wheels, shocks, and everything else but they neglect frames. The properties of aluminum are that a material that is severely lacking in elasticity so that it can have rigidity. Therefore, after a few years of abuse with little amounts of flex equals breaking.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 8:21 Quote
i have atomik, my dealer will replace triangle by norco a-line park edition..... It's look stupid

Posted: Oct 7, 2011 at 19:23 Quote
Who do i see about this cause i have major cracks on my 09 A-line Park. does the recall still accept 09 alines?

Mod
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 11:42 Quote
mtstuartdownhiller wrote:
Who do i see about this cause i have major cracks on my 09 A-line Park. does the recall still accept 09 alines?

Read the first post.

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 16:32 Quote
almostwise wrote:

Read the first post.

Yer, i did, but it says 08 models. does the recall still count for my 09 ??

Mod
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 at 6:36 Quote
No.

You could contact Norco and try your luck...

Posted: Oct 15, 2011 at 19:14 Quote
almostwise wrote:
No.

You could contact Norco and try your luck...

ok thanks man, im just gonna send it to where i bought it, they said they could deal with it

Posted: Mar 23, 2012 at 23:20 Quote
what a joke i just got rid of my norco atomik, what do they give you in replacement?

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 0:05 Quote
boss808 wrote:
what a joke i just got rid of my norco atomik, what do they give you in replacement?
i had a 09 aline park and they sent me a 2011 team DH

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 10:39 Quote
boss808 wrote:
they didnt just send you a new part? thats what some people got on the forum, they sent you a brand new bike eh ?

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 16:51 Quote
boss808 wrote:
boss808 wrote:
they didnt just send you a new part? thats what some people got on the forum, they sent you a brand new bike eh ?
i sent them my old bike with cracks and they sent me and whole bike

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 19:09 Quote
haha then lucky you you got a straight upgrade

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 23:24 Quote
This recalled bicycle frames include the following model year and model names and 2007 Team DH,2008 Team DH, Aline Park, Aline, Atomik, Shore 1,2,3, 2009 Atomik.All colours are included in the recall and the model name is printed on a decal on the top tube of each frame and bike.

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 at 4:33 Quote
i've just come across this, I've got a Norco Shore 2(2010 frame), had it since January 2012. I'm going to check it over. And If I see any cracks I'll make sure to contact a dealer! (just read through some of the other posts and realized that it only applies to 08 shore frames, fail! lol)

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 at 20:27 Quote
Don't hate on konas

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045027
Mobile Version of Website