Another day of working alone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Another day of working alone
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 19:37 Quote
Aron313 wrote:
I have to work alone. My one friend has good excuses because he is always busy. My other 2 friends were into biking for a good while. They still didnt like to build jumps but they did at a slow pace. The jumps they made were very small. After a while i surpassed their skill level and they began to do even less work and biking. My friend then got in a very stupid accident by falling into a small ditch... somehow he got severally hurt and got stitches. Since my 2 friends are wusses... they stopped riding all together. I still love to bike and push myself and also build. I need to wait for my busy friend to get some free time during the summer so we can get some work done. Recently i got in a accident when i was going down my neighbors driveway heading for a burm at the bottom. My front wheel slipped out on either ice or a rock and i slide for about 25 feet. Eventually... gravity and a truck brought me to a stop. haha. I got scraped up bad and there was a lot of blood but no serious damage. Since its the winter i have planned to take a little brake until the ground thaws to get back out there. This works out good for me so that i can heal and by that time i will be able to dig without getting a huge piece of permafrost. Cant wait to get back out there...

I would like to have someone to build some trails for me because i need a different perspective on what trails and jumps can be built. Since my trials have a lot of brush and tree.. i decide exactly what to do before i go threw all the work of clearing.

FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
I like to do the digging myself but I find that it helps to have another set of eyes when planning the line. My friends are better riders than I am and sometimes see possibilities I do not. When it comes time to dig though, I prefer solitude and a good book on tape. That doesn't stop me from giving my friends sh!t about not putting in any work...the best of both worlds!

Posted: Dec 12, 2014 at 15:29 Quote
Building alone is the best because I don't want my lines ruined or my flow ruined.

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 9:04 Quote
try living in a town where everyone would rather play iphone and let their bike rot away, i build trails when i have time, being a stayathome father i dont have much time, but i do what i can do. I hate building alone for the most part. And for about a year or so i posted my progress, but no one here that rides mtbikes cared. So i basically been building for myself and my boys, they are 3 and 5 so not really ready for gaps and tech stuff. So this is why i want to build a bikepark in town. Something to interest to local peeps into riding, and to allow kids to learn trail riding. Maybe by the time I'm 40 this might be possible

Mod
Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 11:44 Quote
Post the progress in here, you know we'll be interested. Giant gaps are all well and good but we need inspiration for all ages and abilities Smile

FL
Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
A few photos from Sunday. I have been working on a new trail segment at my local underground spot. These are photos of the same berm from two different angles. Sorry for the blurry images
photo

photo

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 16:14 Quote
looks like some nice work man

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 10:09 Quote
zhayne wrote:
kinda hard to keep them off it... they "claim" they made more more of it than me. but i was the one that bought a machete and hacked through the thorns, carried logs, dug 3/4 of the dirt for the jumps and stuff like that. and they still say theyve done more. the most they have done is maybe rake leaves off cause apparently they were to slippery for them to ride on (im fastest in the group and dont have much trouble)

I can see why they don't want to hang out with you.

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 7:21 Quote
esstinkay wrote:
zhayne wrote:
kinda hard to keep them off it... they "claim" they made more more of it than me. but i was the one that bought a machete and hacked through the thorns, carried logs, dug 3/4 of the dirt for the jumps and stuff like that. and they still say theyve done more. the most they have done is maybe rake leaves off cause apparently they were to slippery for them to ride on (im fastest in the group and dont have much trouble)

I can see why they don't want to hang out with you.

Haha, I agree with esstinkay on this one.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016022
Mobile Version of Website