Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 23:01 Quote
Aggy Reunion round two....CAN'T WAIT!!!

O+
Posted: May 13, 2015 at 6:55 Quote
uphillonly wrote:
Anyone interested in helping clear the stake lake trails ?

Will be heading up Wednesday night around 5 pm. Message me on Facebook ( jordan proctor ) if you want to come out and lend a hand.

I might be able to get up on the weekend, not sure which day. Do I need a chainsaw and/or digging tools? And where is the best place to enter? I have been up there lots, just not on that trail.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
THEY ARE SENDING IT AT THE RANCH RIGHT NOW!!

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
Anyone riding the ranch today? Up here from the states with some buddies riding all day. Taking pics too if you want some shots!

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
[Quote="hawkeye2311"]Anyone riding the ranch today? Up here from the states with some buddies riding all day. Taking pics too if you want some shots![/Quot

I'll be there in a couple hours if we don't run Rio laps

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 9:36 Quote
Hey guys Smile coming to ride Kamloops in July and looking for some camping advice. Is Mcgillevray Lake up past Sunpeaks tough to access? Also looked at Silver Sage campground in near town. Don't mind bush camping, so any other spots you could suggest would be great too. thanks

O+
Posted: May 28, 2015 at 9:43 Quote
Paul lake is a nice place to camp. Silver sage is downtown on the river which is handy in july.

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
Indeed, Paul Lake Provincial Park is a solid choice... McGillivray Lake is ok, beat to shit FSR for access...Sun Peaks has an overnight camping lot I believe...Knouff Lake is a beauty, very smooth road access, only a couple spots that aren't actually inside the resort property tho, which is fine btw, they have a large area for RV use
Camping off the grid around here is easy....anywhere. Batch, Inks...Savona (either rough it or Steelhead Provincial)...on Harper itself

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
if you are riding up at the peaks....I would suggest looking into the hotel lift ticket combo as the price are sweet...like $99 for a lift/hotel combo.

if you are riding the 'free" spots around the loops I would stay closer to town. Silver Sage is a bit sketch dog for my liking but camping at Harper is sweet!

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 17:46 Quote
If any one needs a shuttle driver over the next few days let me know, I am without a bike. I'll be happy do give a few lifts for 4, I have a truck with tailgate pad. All I need is gas....

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 21:45 Quote
Very generous offer Rob!
Actually popped into the thread to ask if the Rio exit is now thru the trailer park or can we still get out via the driveway by the hwy there?Haven't been in a while...
I think 3 of us are riding tomorrow...but no driver per say, we have vehicle/s, but if you're wanting to hang out...more than welcome to join Smile

O+
Posted: May 31, 2015 at 7:04 Quote
For those of you who don't mind a little bit of trail riding, the KBRA is nearing completion of the old Stake Lake Stomp trails. Most of the original trails have been cleared and opened, and there was a bunch of new trail cut over the past week.

Its a fun trail that is a total of about 45kms long, and features lots of gold (good dirt) and rock slabs. This is kind of a big deal for Kamloops and expanding our trail network.

On June 14th there will be a trail day to finish everything up. Come on out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1475804346044402/

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 8:02 Quote
loopie wrote:
Very generous offer Rob!
Actually popped into the thread to ask if the Rio exit is now thru the trailer park or can we still get out via the driveway by the hwy there?Haven't been in a while...
I think 3 of us are riding tomorrow...but no driver per say, we have vehicle/s, but if you're wanting to hang out...more than welcome to join Smile

Last time we rode Rio we came out at the trailer park yea.

What time are you guys riding at?

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
thanks to all for the camping feedback Smile

Posted: Jun 9, 2015 at 14:13 Quote
Hey im comming up from Montreal in July and was wondering what the shuttle services are like at the Ranch if there are any.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014051
Mobile Version of Website