Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 18:12 Quote
Hans Dampfs front spesh ground control rear. Decent rolling and traction.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 21:46 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Mojorisin35 wrote:
hi friends,
I just purchased a Yeti ASR C and it needs some new tires.
Any recommendations for the Kamloops area in particular?
I am looking for a fairly fast rolling, xc/trail tire.
Currently I am looking at Schwalbe Nobby Nics.
I might race xc occasionally, visit Sun Peaks, and generally ride around Kamloops.
Thank you
Gary

Maxxis Minions and high roller II are great dry terrain tires. They do not roll super fast for xc but great traction. I have also run Has Dampfs and magic mary combo and they are just ok. As for specific xc tires, I will leave that to the xc crew.

Im running a muddy mary on the rear and a hans dampf tubeless in the front. perfect for this weather.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 15:25 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Mojorisin35 wrote:
hi friends,
I just purchased a Yeti ASR C and it needs some new tires.
Any recommendations for the Kamloops area in particular?
I am looking for a fairly fast rolling, xc/trail tire.
Currently I am looking at Schwalbe Nobby Nics.
I might race xc occasionally, visit Sun Peaks, and generally ride around Kamloops.
Thank you
Gary

Maxxis Minions and high roller II are great dry terrain tires. They do not roll super fast for xc but great traction. I have also run Has Dampfs and magic mary combo and they are just ok. As for specific xc tires, I will leave that to the xc crew.

Im running a muddy mary on the rear and a hans dampf tubeless in the front. perfect for this weather.

You didn't want more traction in the front??

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 8:10 Quote
Want to build up some trail karma? Sprockids Kamloops is holding a trail building day at the Kamloops Bike Ranch on Sunday, Nov. 13th from 9:30am to 12:00. We will be working on "Outlaw" working toward making this trail more beginner kid friendly. Brad Stewart will be on hand for direction and there will be a BBQ to wrap things up. Bring your shovel, some water and your bike!

Cheers.

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 at 21:11 Quote
Huge shout out to all the trails builders in the Loops! The amount of new trails or extensions in pineview this year is amazing. The ranch, harper, jamieson, dew drop... you people are relentless! Nice work people!

Posted: Nov 27, 2016 at 22:22 Quote
Kind of a decent place to live if one has any interest in cycling off the road eh! Helmet

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 7:20 Quote
Hello all. I'm new to Kamloops and looking for folks to start riding with this season. I'm fairly new to the sport, yet aggressive and I learn and adapt quick. If you're looking for someone to ride with, or are open to me tagging along with your group, hit me up!

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 17:10 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
Hello all. I'm new to Kamloops and looking for folks to start riding with this season. I'm fairly new to the sport, yet aggressive and I learn and adapt quick. If you're looking for someone to ride with, or are open to me tagging along with your group, hit me up!

2 words "Tuesday Tickle". Mostly Mental shuttles has a ride every Tuesday once the weather improves. Do it....tell them Marty sent ya.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 19:44 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

2 words "Tuesday Tickle". Mostly Mental shuttles has a ride every Tuesday once the weather improves. Do it....tell them Marty sent ya.

Do they ride areas other than the Bike Ranch?

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 20:18 Quote
You're welcome to drop me a line as things start opening up...

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

Do they ever. Mostly mental shuttles the ranch during the day then partys on trails all over town by night. Trust me, its good times.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 21:22 Quote
pcledrew wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
pcledrew wrote:

Typically ranch is a early spring/fall ride for the group... Dylan gets bored of ranch because he rides it 5 times a week before the shuttle opens.

Honestly just do a day or two shuttling with him as soon as he opens up (April 1st) and you should meet a couple people... Dylan at the least.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
Thanks for the info, everyone.

Hopefully see you all out there somewhere in the coming months.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2017 at 0:05 Quote
has anybody been to the ranch recently? is it still covered in snow? at least bottom with jumps? driving to Loops tomorrow, wondering should I grab my bike or not Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 at 7:50 Quote
It snowed again over night. No dirt riding here yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016556
Mobile Version of Website