Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 22:07 Quote
Swim at paul lake right at Harper mtn!

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
Anybody know what is going on at cherry creek? A flowy line and big hits are carved out looks massive!!

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 12:48 Quote
^There's some dudes MX type of track...then there's the line just across from Tobiano ...in the recent movie Rad Company...

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 12:55 Quote
oldslalomskier wrote:
With all the amazing riding in the Loops, I can't fathom why you would waste your time in a skate park? Color me confused...
One riders definition of "amazing riding" may be different than yours or mine Smile

About the heat....for casual shuttling, no problem really. Just have plenty of water (and no, a 750ml from the Quickie Mart isn't plenty of water)

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 16:09 Quote
oldslalomskier wrote:
With all the amazing riding in the Loops, I can't fathom why you would waste your time in a skate park? Color me confused...
And 1st place for ignorant comment goes to... *drum roll... * this guy! ^^^

In a province with so much pow.. i can't fathom why you would WASTE your time skiing slalom.... (of course I'm kidding)
Ive grown up riding XC, BMX, both dirt jumps and skateparks all over north america.. Riding downhill trails and free ride trails across canada.. I think switching it up make for some very well rounded riders in the world. Im guessing if you are hating on the parks you likely suck in skateparks..maybe take some time one day and go ride one.. find new lines, link different tricks up, and see how it affects your overall riding next time you hit up harper or a bike park.. cause I bet you'll notice a difference. Kamloops actually has a pretty decent park on macarthur island and I've been riding there for over 2 years, almost 3 now.. and every now and then I see new riders come in.. and pull out lines I've never even thought of or noticed.

ill just leave you to practice your "Fathoming" .. cause doesn't seem like your very good at it.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 7:47 Quote
Enjoy your time on the concrete. More room on the trails for the rest of us. Smile

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 2:23 Quote
In search of Balfa BB7 pulley. I pay top dolla

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 14:10 Quote
Enjoyed my time in Kamloops this weekend. Only problem was that it was way too hot. My truck said it was 40 degrees at one point. Do you locals ever ride the ranch much? I was a little let down by it to be honest. Just the quality of trails and how hard i found it to navigate with all the trails shooting off in different directions. I definately wanna come again soon though. Maybe ride with some different people seeing as my friends I went with arent into riding nearly as much as i am and they were very hard to get motivated, especially with the heat. Besides Rio, Harper and the ranch are there many other downhill spots, and sun peaks of course

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 20:25 Quote
Dude. Ranch mid summer is like the surface of the sun. Harper is boss. Jamieson creek is a great rip too. Tonnes of riding in the loops...you just happen to pick the hottest weekend of the year to visit.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 7:01 Quote
if its hovering around 40 degrees at the airport you can count on the ranch being a few degrees hotter than that....and the snakes, my god the snakes. Tracks in the dust EVERYWHERE!

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 13:51 Quote
I am surprised the snakes don't cook. More of the same today and tomorrow. Apparently Sunday was a record high for that day in Kamloops?

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
The heat i expected so it wasnt a big deal. Was just expecting more from the ranch I think. Im thinking about moving up to Kamloops maybe in a couple years once I buy a house so im thinking ill have to come back a bunch more and ride some more areas

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
In my opinion you'll love Kamloops if you don't mind a good pedal, like good xc/all mountain type stuff. Lots of fast, flowy trails higher up with less silt. Plus, there really isn't anything that technical in town, so with a short travel bike you can ride pretty much anything easily.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 14:45 Quote
Ya I think I would like it. I live in Langley now in the valley and although I love the riding here, Im just sick of the business and how far long it takes to get away. Pretty much all I ever wanna do is go ride my bike or dirtbike and it seems like I have to drive a good half hour - 45 minutes to do this, and usually have to sit in traffic on top of that. The closest motocross track is 45 minutes away and the closest riding spot is atleast a half hour. In kamloops it seems like your in the wilderness once you reach the edge of town. That and it costs a lot to live in the lower mainland now a days

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
There are far worse places to live than Kamloops. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013024
Mobile Version of Website