Football/Soccer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Football/Soccer Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:20 Quote
I was wondering how many people follow football (soccer) and what they think of the match tonight.

I know quite alot of bikers find football a bit tame in comparison!

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
Barca kicked some serious ass tonight. Man U's midfield was just out of the game. Seriously, Carrick/Grandpa Giggs/Rude Boi Andersen vs Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta? So outplayed. They deserved the match, Iniesta was awesome, Piquet and Puyol were solid in a makeshift defence and "Messi doesn't score against English clubs"? I'm glad that it wasn't a Chelsea-Man United final, it would have been defensive, long-ball central. Best match I've seen in quite a while, but I doubt too many Man U fans agree....

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
I'm a Man u fan i agree completely with that apart from it being a good game. They just gifted Barca the ball every time and didnt threaten at all. Barcelona are by far the best team in the world and the midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta play so well with Eto Messi and Henry upfront, its like they're telepathic or somthing. Neither teams played at full speed and i dont really think it ever got going, but it was a dreadful performance for United

O+
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 23:02 Quote
Occacsional Arsenal fan here, happy to see Man U lose.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 1:36 Quote
Get in there the Red Scum defeated.
Oh how quiet it is?
What's it like to lose? Ha ha.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 3:42 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Barca kicked some serious ass tonight. Man U's midfield was just out of the game. Seriously, Carrick/Grandpa Giggs/Rude Boi Andersen vs Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta? So outplayed. They deserved the match, Iniesta was awesome, Piquet and Puyol were solid in a makeshift defence and "Messi doesn't score against English clubs"? I'm glad that it wasn't a Chelsea-Man United final, it would have been defensive, long-ball central. Best match I've seen in quite a while, but I doubt too many Man U fans agree....

I completely disagree with that, I'm not sure if you're used to watching conference football or something but I thought it was a preety boring game. A bit one sided, no real drama apart from the goals and few chances. And BTW I'm not a Man U fan. Swansea City Premiership in 2 seasons Razz

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 5:24 Quote
Good luck with that.

I don't watch too much football, my parents (and I) have a moral objection to Sky, so only watch Champions League/Cup/Internationals, and after the semis, which were dire, it was nice to see Barcelona play some goddam football. I hate Man U, which helps, so I wasn't saying that because it was an ultra-exciting game, it was good to watch Iniesta/Messi/Xavi control a game and throw some really good passing together.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 6:06 Quote
bren2709 wrote:
Get in there the Red Scum defeated.
Oh how quiet it is?
What's it like to lose? Ha ha.

Well i dont know what team you support, but United won more than your team!

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 6:23 Quote
You live in Marlborough, why the f*ck are you a Man U fan anyway?

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
Cause my dad grew up there and has always supported them so i have and used to go to watch them with him.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
harriieee wrote:
You live in Marlborough, why the f*ck are you a Man U fan anyway?

Lol I'd say about 40% of Man U fans aren't from Manchester.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
more like 95% come to north america everyone is a man u fan.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:21 Quote
carnell wrote:

Haha, whenever I play any Americans on fifa they always play as Man U.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
Man U claim 140m fans worldwide. That's 70 times the population of Manchester.
Damn all them Asian glory seekers. Why don't they go support Sc*nthorpe or someone?

EDIT: haahaha it blocked the U in Sc*nthorpe.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
carnell wrote:
Hey just shows that 95% of North America have good taste in football teams!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010745
Mobile Version of Website