How to build a trick dirt jump?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to build a trick dirt jump?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
So heres the deal, me and my pal Ryan are always trailbuilding and making decent jumps but they're more freeridey sorta long gaps, so we need some advice on how to build jumps more suitable for dj tricks etc. Thanks, Beer

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
make it pretty steep and big, make the landing higher than the take off (step up), and put soft dirt on the landing. make sure the landing is pretty mellow and wide as well.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
make em steep and make the landing sorta curved with some what of a lip to so u can pump it wen you go down it to gain speed make em tall and close together if that makes sence

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
cheers dude, anyone else got more tips

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
b3nn wrote:
make it pretty steep and big, make the landing higher than the take off (step up), and put soft dirt on the landing. make sure the landing is pretty mellow and wide as well.
When your piling the dirt up do u pile untill its hight enough or shape it every now and again?

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
i pile em right up and then shape and pack

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
UMF-RiiDER wrote:
b3nn wrote:
When your piling the dirt up do u pile untill its hight enough or shape it every now and again?

just put way more dirt than you think you will need in roughly the right position, stamp on in/ pat it every so often, then when its about a foot/2 foot taller than you want it, proper pat it in to solidify it then shape the front.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
justinfriesen wrote:
i pile em right up and then shape and pack

if you shape then pack it will be weak/ not the shape you made it

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
Thats where we go wrong , we pile , to the hight we want it , then shape and pack lol Big Grin cheeeers guys

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
cool, so from the sounds of things we want step ups with long steep takeoffs etc and wide landings. Anyone else got any tips?

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 9:35 Quote
Making a bowl before te take can make taller/longer without having to make the landing way taller.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 5:01 Quote
Also ride it slowly while shaping to make sure that the ramp is smooth nothing worse than a bumpy take off

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033395
Mobile Version of Website