Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 23:10 Quote
theuncharmed wrote:
I've always loved a good single speed and have gone from Azonic DS2 (amazing at the time) through an On-One, then another On-One and recently I've settled on an upgraded Cannondale Trail.

On my local trails, Swinley Forest, UK, it's as fast as my Trigger for getting round the red route. Blistering up the hills :-)

Cannondale Trail 29er single speed upgraded

Nice bike, bro!

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 11:05 Quote
bikeman543 wrote:
theuncharmed wrote:
I've always loved a good single speed and have gone from Azonic DS2 (amazing at the time) through an On-One, then another On-One and recently I've settled on an upgraded Cannondale Trail.

On my local trails, Swinley Forest, UK, it's as fast as my Trigger for getting round the red route. Blistering up the hills :-)

Nice bike, bro!

Fork back to front surely?

Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
Seabass67 wrote:
Jones Plus
photo

BEJUBUS! HOLY HEADTUBE LENGTH BATMAN!

WTF is that gonna handle like...

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 8:13 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

Ha! You made me double check the photo :-) But, fortunately, they are on the right way. Phew.

You can tell my the disk brake mounted on the left, not the right.

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
theuncharmed wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Ha! You made me double check the photo :-) But, fortunately, they are on the right way. Phew.

You can tell my the disk brake mounted on the left, not the right.

I had to do a double if not triple take and still try to guess which side the disc brake was fitted to haha.

that's good to hear, I am one of those that has to stop cyclists and inform them that they need to twist the forks around from causing an incident and to check tension of their QR skewer. lol

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 3:19 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
...I am one of those that has to stop cyclists and inform them that they need to twist the forks around from causing an incident and to check tension of their QR skewer. lol

I cringe when I see back-to-front forks on those el-cheapo Asda bikes. I've told a few people that it was wrong and potentially dangerous and they've just given me a dirty or utterly befuddled look... You can't help everyone I guess.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 5:21 Quote
theuncharmed wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
...I am one of those that has to stop cyclists and inform them that they need to twist the forks around from causing an incident and to check tension of their QR skewer. lol

I cringe when I see back-to-front forks on those el-cheapo Asda bikes. I've told a few people that it was wrong and potentially dangerous and they've just given me a dirty or utterly befuddled look... You can't help everyone I guess.

Ah, the people who I have stopped have thanked me after having explained to them briefly the risks of having them on back to front.

True you can't help everyone as can be seen on this site when people argue over nothing.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2015 at 21:02 Quote
photo
MY 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper 29 SS

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 0:31 Quote
slomoto wrote:

Nice bike! Smile But how do you adjust for chain wear? Do you use a narrow wide chainring to keep it on once the chain wears?

I had a non-adjustable single speed once and I was forever dropping the chain once it wore in after a few months.

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 1:07 Quote
theuncharmed wrote:
slomoto wrote:

Nice bike! Smile But how do you adjust for chain wear? Do you use a narrow wide chainring to keep it on once the chain wears?

I had a non-adjustable single speed once and I was forever dropping the chain once it wore in after a few months.

half links ;-)

more than likely, well that's what I shall be doing, taking a link out when it wears past a certain point.

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 1:50 Quote
Can't believe I forgot to post my Fortitude in this thread, after I changed the wheelset, drivetrain and seat post.
In contrast to the photo the rear cog is a CK 19t one, instead of that narrow 18t cog.
The rear wheel cannot sit any further forward now!

new wheelset and a dropper post. running tubeless now with a tad under 1bar in the front and around 1.2bar in the rear. the grip and the damping are exceptional. no burping or anything similar so far. still got the old brakes on as the pads just won t wear as I expected them to. purple hope headset and different cog and chainring still to come

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 12:40 Quote
Latest iteration of my single speed road bike.

Single speed machine. Still on the fence about whether to put gears on her or not. She s 16.05 lbs right now that I switched back to the Bontrager R3 tires from the atrocious red things I had on there before.

16 lbs

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 18:53 Quote
It's like a Langster that I don't hate!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014803
Mobile Version of Website