Syncros Pedals

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
I looked through other threads for this but was unable to find it. With in the line of syncros pedals, is there much of a difference in grip? For example, compare grip on the Mental Stainless vs the grip of Mental Alloy. Or say the Meathooks vs the Magnesium. Has anybody ridden the different models of the Syncros that can tell me the grip differences?

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
I run Syncros Mental Alloys on one bike, these pedals are 3 years old and have been all over Europe and Canada including Whistler and Vancouver North Shore, still running sweet, a few months back I opened them up for the 1st time, and replaced the inboard "o" ring and regreased them

I also run Syncros Mental Mags on my other bike, grip level is the same as the Mental Alloy

photo

they are not quite as durable as the magnesium alloy body is softer, I tore out a pin whilst on holiday in Winterberg (Germany) and the thread is now damaged where the pin came out, I must have smacked the pedal on a big rock whilst riding the DH track at Winterberg

photo

I will use chemical metal to create a new thread for a replacement pin (you get a bag full with the pedals) when I have some time..even with the missing pin the pedals are just as grippy

make sure you don't slip them (very hard to do as they are stupidly grippy), this is what happens

photo

Posted: Jun 18, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
I run Syncros Mental Alloys on one bike, these pedals are 3 years old and have been all over Europe and Canada including Whistler and Vancouver North Shore, still running sweet, a few months back I opened them up for the 1st time, and replaced the inboard "o" ring and regreased them

I also run Syncros Mental Mags on my other bike, grip level is the same as the Mental Alloy

photo

they are not quite as durable as the magnesium alloy body is softer, I tore out a pin whilst on holiday in Winterberg (Germany) and the thread is now damaged where the pin came out, I must have smacked the pedal on a big rock whilst riding the DH track at Winterberg

photo

I will use chemical metal to create a new thread for a replacement pin (you get a bag full with the pedals) when I have some time..even with the missing pin the pedals are just as grippy

make sure you don't slip them (very hard to do as they are stupidly grippy), this is what happens

photo

Sweet, Thanks for the info.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 7:00 Quote
What about the big Earls? How are these and do they grip well?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015202
Mobile Version of Website