PB Forum :: Downhill
What do pro's get paid?
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
monkeymanbmx wrote:
dkidd wrote:
monkeymanbmx wrote:

doesnt make any sense... loool
Do I have to explain it to you? You're a snowboarder aren't you?

no.. wtf? :/
LOL... nm

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 23:24 Quote
dhdan13 wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
gee atherton gets paid in peanuts.

Well thats not true. The athertons are one the most payed riders on the circuit, Because they're a family and all win races.
You took that seriousley?

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 0:08 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
dhdan13 wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
gee atherton gets paid in peanuts.

Well thats not true. The athertons are one the most payed riders on the circuit, Because they're a family and all win races.
not tru at all lol

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 0:21 Quote
piltz wrote:
thecollonadekid wrote:
dhdan13 wrote:

not tru at all lol
partyvan.info

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
odin333 wrote:
not very much. there is very few pro mountain bikers who can live off of what they make from racing/competing. most have some kind of job (usually something too do with biking). it isn't like baseball where you get payed 47 million to hit a few balls.

haha, dont chirp baseball, one of the greatest sports known to man kindDead Horse

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 7:23 Quote
Q:What do pro's get paid?
A:Shit all

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
evilsmx wrote:
odin333 wrote:
not very much. there is very few pro mountain bikers who can live off of what they make from racing/competing. most have some kind of job (usually something too do with biking). it isn't like baseball where you get payed 47 million to hit a few balls.

haha, dont chirp baseball, one of the greatest sports known to man kindDead Horse
Don't forget, the hardest thing to do by far in any sport is hit a baseball. There are sports that can be overall harder than baseball, I bet downhill biking is harder because you have to constantly be enganged to what you're doing, baseball not so much. But nothing is harder than hitting a baseball.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 6:28 Quote
well like i have a friend in the top 100 downhill scene he hsa his racing team but gets not much money and he has another job which admittedly pays quite a lot so thts it also he gets bikes and stuff free. but tracey mosleys on the 150,000-170,000 mark i was taught mountain biking by her boyfriend. also oakly riders get paid £1000 pounds fro a front cover £500 inside cover and £250 anywere else inside. so its not too bad life for them

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 6:31 Quote
sweeneyrider wrote:
well like i have a friend in the top 100 downhill scene he hsa his racing team but gets not much money and he has another job which admittedly pays quite a lot so thts it also he gets bikes and stuff free. but tracey mosleys on the 150,000-170,000 mark i was taught mountain biking by her boyfriend. also oakly riders get paid £1000 pounds fro a front cover £500 inside cover and £250 anywere else inside. so its not too bad life for them

why gravedig a year + old thread

Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
tehbadger wrote:
sweeneyrider wrote:

why gravedig a year + old thread

why not Beer

Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 20:09 Quote
Most probably get paid the same as Canadian Rock Stars or Canadian Football Stars. Most Canadian National Heroes need to keep day jobs.

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
It could also depend on how many sponsors they have. Eg. Sam hill now has CRC AND PayPal!!!!

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 13:41 Quote
austinb wrote:
Yeah Darren Berrecloth's house was on cribs, looked pretty nice, he had some nice dj's goin on with some wooden stuff, also a good sized shop and house.
your thinking of American football, we mean the football you play with your feet

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 19:07 Quote
The pro riders who are sponsored make allot of money but what they actually take home is not allot. because the team deducts the cost of travel, lodge, food etc from their pay. for example if riders makes 200k$ a year they might take home only 20k. like most things the bulk of the income comes from advertising for brands and merchandizing.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 7:15 Quote
hotdogprooo wrote:
kodyako0 wrote:
i would just like to know how much do pro's get paid by sponsers and how much money is won in a competition

Thats like saying how long is a peace of string.

Or, like how long you didn’t pay attention to basic spelling courses in school……

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028735
Mobile Version of Website