who make 9 inches rotor ??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
who make 9 inches rotor ??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
I bought a new fork (RS totem) which has post mount for the brake, but my brake are international standard mount so ill need a brake adapter but will also have to use an inch bigger rotor. I dont want to get rid of my brakes cause they are the best brakes ive ever had (xt levers + magura gustav). I need to find a company that make 9 inches rotor, i know they exist but kinda hard to find

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
I know that Formula makes a 220mm rotor. That's approximately 8.7 inches if my math is right.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:01 Quote
I believe Hope has one too

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:07 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
I know that Formula makes a 220mm rotor. That's approximately 8.7 inches if my math is right.

Its 8.8 inches

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:10 Quote
i pretty sure hayes does.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:10 Quote
hayes makes a nine inch rotor for their el-camino

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:13 Quote
vpsatomik wrote:
MajesticMOOSE wrote:

Its 8.8 inches

Key word: approximately
Wink

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:34 Quote
Nothing from hayes and hope according to their website. Formula do have 220 MM rotor Smile

thanks

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:37 Quote
punkaddic wrote:
I bought a new fork (RS totem) which has post mount for the brake, but my brake are international standard mount so ill need a brake adapter but will also have to use an inch bigger rotor. I dont want to get rid of my brakes cause they are the best brakes ive ever had (xt levers + magura gustav). I need to find a company that make 9 inches rotor, i know they exist but kinda hard to find

You will NOT have to use a 9" rotor. There are adapters for 8" IS (I know the totem has a 203mm mount). You will sacrifice modulation and durability with a rotor that big.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:39 Quote
These are all the rotor sizes from the largest to the smallest.
1.Galfer 254mm
2.Red raven 230mm
3.Hayes/Hope 225mm
4.Formula 220mm
5.Magura 210mm
6.Avid,hayes,Hope,shimano,magura etc 203mm,180mm,160mm,140mm.
7.Hayes 125mm

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
punkaddic wrote:

You will NOT have to use a 9" rotor. There are adapters for 8" IS (I know the totem has a 203mm mount). You will sacrifice modulation and durability with a rotor that big.
\

I don't know about that. My friend had an 8" hope rotor on his Totem, switched to a 9" and fell in love. Says the performance is amazing. Now the guy is a fit 240 lbs, that might have been the difference, but I think just chalking up the 9" to bling factor might be a little premature. 2 cents

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 15:48 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
punkaddic wrote:

\

I don't know about that. My friend had an 8" hope rotor on his Totem, switched to a 9" and fell in love. Says the performance is amazing. Now the guy is a fit 240 lbs, that might have been the difference, but I think just chalking up the 9" to bling factor might be a little premature. 2 cents

Lots of DH pros are running 185 and 160mm rotors now especially in the rear. If you have too much lock-up power you will lose traction while braking. If you lose traction while braking you are killing your flow and losing momentum. It is MUCH better technique to maintain traction as much as possible. IMO that's what put Sam Hill over the top this year. Watch his footage. He skids a lot less in turns now. He used to drift every one.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 16:55 Quote
[Quote="DavidMakalaster" You will NOT have to use a 9" rotor. There are adapters for 8" IS (I know the totem has a 203mm mount). You will sacrifice modulation and durability with a rotor that big.[/Quote]

What adapter are u talking about ?? I wish a could use a 8'' inches rotor with my IS brakes. I went to a local shop and they told me the only way was to use this kind of bracket and using 9'' rotor

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.pricepoint.com/images/styleImages/D_115%20A2ZDB1.jpg

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 17:01 Quote
Think about it. All you need is an ordinary post-mount to IS adapter. No different from putting a IS caliper on an ordinary 160mm post mount with a 160mm rotor. If your LBS can't figure that out you should consider a new shop.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:01 Quote
FYI, worldwidemetric.com will give you accurate conversions. 220 mm is 8.66142 inches. And the largest rotor that TREKRULES listed is exactly 10 inch! Huge. Formula's 220 mm rotor and adapter is about $125 USD!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012175
Mobile Version of Website