Fox DHX 3/4/5 Coil - Oil and o-ring replacement guide

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox DHX 3/4/5 Coil - Oil and o-ring replacement guide
Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
did you remove the shims? if these arent in the correct order then it would restrict oil flow. does it feel harder to compress as well?

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
FlyingHighlander wrote:
Can anyone suggest where I should send my Fox 5.0 dhx to get it serviced?
thank you

anyone?

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 13:03 Quote
JackGrylls wrote:
did you remove the shims? if these arent in the correct order then it would restrict oil flow. does it feel harder to compress as well?

Yes, It's very hard to press it. I remove the shims but didn't mix it I think..

Shit... I will have to open it again :-D

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 16:04 Quote
So I disassembled the shock again and switch two shims, tighten it less than before and now it works perfectly.

Thank you guys.

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 0:41 Quote
Nice one dude. I know this because I had the problem once before and yes the torque in that bolt is stupid like 5 nm or something. Which is nothing really do I put lock tight on it too

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 17:35 Quote
FlyingHighlander wrote:
FlyingHighlander wrote:
thank you

anyone?

I've had absolutely great service from OGC (outdoor gear canada) with my fox 40. Installed a new cartridge for me which feels amazing, plus they did a full service and the fork has never felt so good! They service rear shocks as well.

Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 2:40 Quote
Willems50 wrote:
FlyingHighlander wrote:
FlyingHighlander wrote:
thank you

anyone?

I've had absolutely great service from OGC (outdoor gear canada) with my fox 40. Installed a new cartridge for me which feels amazing, plus they did a full service and the fork has never felt so good! They service rear shocks as well.

Thank you very much Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
JackGrylls wrote:
Nice one dude. I know this because I had the problem once before and yes the torque in that bolt is stupid like 5 nm or something. Which is nothing really do I put lock tight on it too

Never put loctite on a shim stack. loctite is very low viscosity and has the chance to mess with the tune by sticking shims together. I have worked on several hundred DHX shocks, always used the recommended torque and have never had a failure due to a piston bolt coming loose. The torque is not 5nm, it is 8.6nm.

The reason his rebound was stuck on full slow is because he had it all the way closed when he tightened the piston bolt, pinching the rebound needle in place. always make sure your rebound is all but one click open when re-installing the shim stack/piston bolt.

Also, if you want a fast turnaround at a better price, and not having to worry about removing the shock from the bike, come drop your bike off at Dunbar Cycles. I worked as a tech at OGC for 4 years before starting my own suspension center there, E-mail or PM me at Aziz@dunbarcycles.com

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
I'm trying to find the year of my Fox dhx 5.0 shock, is there a way to tell? Here's the shock if this helps?

photo

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread, i can start a new one if needed,

cheers!

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 18:24 Quote
cscott16 wrote:
I'm trying to find the year of my Fox dhx 5.0 shock, is there a way to tell? Here's the shock if this helps?

photo

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread, i can start a new one if needed,

cheers!

thats a 2008

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 21:33 Quote
Anyone know where to get an O-ring kit for DHX 5.0? I think OP isn't around any more and not having much luck on ebay or google. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 18:42 Quote
pbuser45684 wrote:
Anyone know where to get an O-ring kit for DHX 5.0? I think OP isn't around any more and not having much luck on ebay or google. Thanks.

Dunbar cycles!

FX-803-00-122

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
z-man wrote:
pbuser45684 wrote:

Dunbar cycles!

FX-803-00-122

I checked their site and the product number didn't bring anything up. A google search brought up a couple online stores I've never heard of before. Maybe I should email them?

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 5:57 Quote
Is this rebuild good for DHX RC 4

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 10:48 Quote
pbuser45684 wrote:
z-man wrote:
pbuser45684 wrote:

Dunbar cycles!

FX-803-00-122

I checked their site and the product number didn't bring anything up. A google search brought up a couple online stores I've never heard of before. Maybe I should email them?

or just e-mail me at dunbar cycles.

aziz@dunbarcycles.com

Fox is no longer as strict with their availability of service kits.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015349
Mobile Version of Website