Dirt bike or BMX?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt bike or BMX?
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
DIRT BIKE AS IN DJ BIKE(BICYCLE)

I know, stupid question, but listen out guys.

I'm a "rather" big guy, by the means of my length(6.1 feet - 187cm) and "build"(wide shoulders, but tall enough to not look stupid.) - not fat tho.

So my question would be, would a BMX look dumb under me?

and

which is more use-able?

and with which you choose, if you could suggest a 400-600 bike (really plain, no gears, ofc. just a back brake maybe?)

Thanks in advance for reading and possibly answering!

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
like a dirtbike as in motorcycle?
if so, DEFINATLY A DIRTBIKE
and if you mean a dirt jumper....still DEFINATLY!!!!
a BMX would look kinda silly, i even look silly on one and im 5'11 140lbs, super skinny

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
DEFINATLY A DIRTBIKE can take them much more places then a bmx u carnt throw a bmx about but u can a dirt bike u should get a dirt bike

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
stobbzy wrote:
DEFINATLY A DIRTBIKE can take them much more places then a bmx u carnt throw a bmx about but u can a dirt bike u should get a dirt bike
+1 tup Big Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
if your looking for a super solid dj bike in your bike range take a look at the identiti p66 as it has a super good spec for the price but also take a look at the wethepeople 24inch which is basically a bmx just bigger and you can put sus forks and dirt tyres on it!

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
stobbzy wrote:
DEFINATLY A DIRTBIKE can take them much more places then a bmx u carnt throw a bmx about but u can a dirt bike u should get a dirt bike
what are you talking about you can't throw a bmx around, thats one of the stupidest things i ever heard, no offense

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
it realy depends on what you are going to be riding!

dirtjumps:dj (you dont want to acedently over shoot on a rigid)

skatepark:bmx (makes you have to be flowy and is way more smooth)

trails:dj (a fork with a few inches of travel is way more forgiving than a rigid)

cruising around town:dj (you might be able to actuly sit down)


the dicision is yours but i have both a hard tail and a bmx and i end up wriding my dj way more because you can ride almost any thing but good luck on your decision.

and you might look at a specailized p1,2 or3 for that price range and you can always make the bike a single speed if you dont like the gears

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
NorcoManikRider94 wrote:
stobbzy wrote:
DEFINATLY A DIRTBIKE can take them much more places then a bmx u carnt throw a bmx about but u can a dirt bike u should get a dirt bike
what are you talking about you can't throw a bmx around, thats one of the stupidest things i ever heard, no offense

thats what i was thinking, i see people thorw there bmx's at walls racks, roads sign's etc they get thorw around all over the place and still ride

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
ridedob wrote:
NorcoManikRider94 wrote:
stobbzy wrote:
DEFINATLY A DIRTBIKE can take them much more places then a bmx u carnt throw a bmx about but u can a dirt bike u should get a dirt bike
what are you talking about you can't throw a bmx around, thats one of the stupidest things i ever heard, no offense

thats what i was thinking, i see people thorw there bmx's at walls racks, roads sign's etc they get thorw around all over the place and still ride
nor a mean like dirt bikes have forks to take away the shock 4 doing jumps doing stairs and drops not that nice doing them on a bmx like ya can do it on a bmx but its not that nice

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 12:33 Quote
stobbzy wrote:
ridedob wrote:
NorcoManikRider94 wrote:
what are you talking about you can't throw a bmx around, thats one of the stupidest things i ever heard, no offense

thats what i was thinking, i see people thorw there bmx's at walls racks, roads sign's etc they get thorw around all over the place and still ride
nor a mean like dirt bikes have forks to take away the shock 4 doing jumps doing stairs and drops not that nice doing them on a bmx like ya can do it on a bmx but its not that nice

obviously.

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
ridedob wrote:
stobbzy wrote:
ridedob wrote:


thats what i was thinking, i see people thorw there bmx's at walls racks, roads sign's etc they get thorw around all over the place and still ride
nor a mean like dirt bikes have forks to take away the shock 4 doing jumps doing stairs and drops not that nice doing them on a bmx like ya can do it on a bmx but its not that nice

obviously.
see so dj bikes r betta

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
all rite. I think you guys have convinced me Big Grin

I'll be on the look for decently priced wallet friendly bikes. I'll prolly update here if I choose to buy one.

BUT

See the problem for me now is, should I start saving up for a DH/FR rig, or just spent what little I have on a DJ..
But I'm probably gonna buy the DJ bike anyway.. thanks for the fast answers!

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
stobbzy wrote:
ridedob wrote:
NorcoManikRider94 wrote:
what are you talking about you can't throw a bmx around, thats one of the stupidest things i ever heard, no offense

thats what i was thinking, i see people thorw there bmx's at walls racks, roads sign's etc they get thorw around all over the place and still ride
nor a mean like dirt bikes have forks to take away the shock 4 doing jumps doing stairs and drops not that nice doing them on a bmx like ya can do it on a bmx but its not that nice
no actually that's incorrect also

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 23:40 Quote
FregoS wrote:
all rite. I think you guys have convinced me Big Grin

I'll be on the look for decently priced wallet friendly bikes. I'll prolly update here if I choose to buy one.

BUT

See the problem for me now is, should I start saving up for a DH/FR rig, or just spent what little I have on a DJ..
But I'm probably gonna buy the DJ bike anyway.. thanks for the fast answers!

dont get dh rig just get a super sexy dj

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.017645
Mobile Version of Website