Resi box building help.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Resi box building help.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 5:00 Quote
can anyone help me with this, i mean i know how to make a kicker and that, but do i literally just use old matresses ect for the softness and then put plastic on the top?

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
the tracks is basically loads of foam and matresses. you could probs buy a ramp for 100 quid if you want though

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
lewisdoubleday wrote:
the tracks is basically loads of foam and matresses. you could probs buy a ramp for 100 quid if you want though
its not that whih will cost the money, its going to be the plastic and wood i tinhk. timber is well exspencive.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
Well, it's plastic sheeting not just film. The plastic sheeting that will deal with the abuse will be pricey.

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 2:35 Quote
ricar wrote:
Well, it's plastic sheeting not just film. The plastic sheeting that will deal with the abuse will be pricey.

thats what i was thinking.
so can you make a jup box, cover it in matresses and foam , get the plastic sheeting and youwill then have what i am after? obviously you will have to make the lip a bit taller to get above the soft stuff.

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 16:55 Quote
You would not have to, a bit of a step up is always cool. You don't even need the soft stuff, just use 2x6" boards on the flat for the landing. they will be pretty springy. Depends on what you want.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
anyone know where i can find this plastic sheeting?

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 19:27 Quote
http://www.warnerplastics.com/hmw_black.html

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 21:42 Quote
consider multi-laminated plasti-board

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
My local metal supply shop sells sheets of plastic. Yours may have answers for you at least.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
GittinBizy wrote:
http://www.warnerplastics.com/hmw_black.html

How much money do you think it would be to get a 8 by 12 sheet? also what thickness would you reccomend? Thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035998
Mobile Version of Website