Riding with a broken wrist

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Riding with a broken wrist
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 15:46 Quote
That and I had a relatively minor (approx. 7mm in length) (not displaced) intra-articular distal radius fracture. No surgery. I'm approx 40 y.o.

The cast came off after 6 weeks. Docs said I could ride a bike but nothing too rough...mainly because of the stiffness and discomfort. I rode my bar bike today and it wasn't so bad...but trail riding would be no fun.

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 16:21 Quote
asulli wrote:
I am going to ride. I have a 1000 bucks invested in this trip and it not everyday i get to go to whistler. I have a simple fracture and i should be cool. What I am really looking for is sugestions from riders who have ridin in casts about how to shape it and what to expect while riding. Thanks for everything else though its helped alot.

Bro, how was your trip? Did you made it?

I broke my wrist 1 week ago, its a minor one. From today i have 6 weeks to heal and get ready.

So i have the same issue.

Saw
Thia post
From 2009 lol

Posted: May 11, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Broken both wrist's..2 times on my right one..Best to let it heal 100%..which I didn't completely do, Big mistake on my part, being young and wanting to get back racing..At almost 70, my right wrist especially bothers me doing certain things, so let it heal up, and you should be golden..

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
Ha ha,
Just found this thread. Bust wrist (radial) out of plaster (5 weeks) cant put any pressure on bars (possibly more like ligament / tendon / muscle damage causing this than the fracture)

OP went to whistler after 6 weeks - having been there I cannot imagine the pain of riding those braking bumps with a freshly bust wrist)
Yikes!!!!!!

FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Fractured my wrist from my shoulder landing on garmin watch(i think). I cut the cast off after 6 days and been using one of those velcro 9 inch brace things since(3.5 weeks ago now). First medical visit tomorrow so naughty boy might get a dressing down .

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
smedo1 wrote:
Fractured my wrist from my shoulder landing on garmin watch(i think). I cut the cast off after 6 days and been using one of those velcro 9 inch brace things since(3.5 weeks ago now). First medical visit tomorrow so naughty boy might get a dressing down .
Broke my right wrist twice from moto get offs. Cut my cast off after 3 weeks the first time, second time 6 weeks. Now my wrist gets pain and gets sore if I move it wrong.
So from my experience, I would guess your Doc is going to have some strong words for you. In the end, unless you let breaks heel properly, your going to have issues down the road more than likely.

FL
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 4:09 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
smedo1 wrote:
Broke my right wrist twice from moto get offs. Cut my cast off after 3 weeks the first time, second time 6 weeks. Now my wrist gets pain and gets sore if I move it wrong.
So from my experience, I would guess your Doc is going to have some strong words for you. In the end, unless you let breaks heel properly, your going to have issues down the road more than likely.

I must of suffered brain damage as well since i turned up a day early so back tomorrow .
Ive kept my wrist in the brace all the time and it works pretty good and its a pretty minor fracture

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021688
Mobile Version of Website