2010 Avid Code CR MAG

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Avid Code CR MAG
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
Think we're all going to be wanting a set of these! Caliper looks much the same except the shiny coat, but as you can see the lever looks tons lighter and slimmer.
photo

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
sooo its still a two piece caliper?

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=31908&category=19

retaillllll

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
thats actually a special thing done by avid for specialized, they paired the MAG lever and a code caliper.... the pic is the specialized LTD one. the normal mag is very different, its more of a XC brake, A.K.A- the new juicy ultimate

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
thats the most hideous paint job on the bike however.

spesh has been doing funny stuff with avid, alex, dt, fox, sun, and who ever they want for ages now..

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 1:10 Quote
OK to clear this up I just took a second look at this lever assembly, definitely not a mag lever combined with a code caliper.
The bore of the cylinder is considerably wider and the lever has a slightly deeper profile. Also the adjuster is one piece with the plunger assembly. This is without question a new code prototype. Although quite honestly it looks pretty finished.

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
nakeddave wrote:
OK to clear this up I just took a second look at this lever assembly, definitely not a mag lever combined with a code caliper.
The bore of the cylinder is considerably wider and the lever has a slightly deeper profile. Also the adjuster is one piece with the plunger assembly. This is without question a new code prototype. Although quite honestly it looks pretty finished.

dude, a caliper is the thing in the back that clamps onto the disc brake! and it is a code caliper right? well then its a mix, and if you would look at the MAG and this lever body, youll see that they are pretty much identical

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
I dont like 4-piston brakes, i dont think ive met anyone that dose. They have timing problems and feel differant every run.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 18:26 Quote
Well, brother, you just met one who does indeed like the four pots. These new codes look nice, nice light elixer spin off lever with a code caliper. seems like a good brake to me. I would give 'em a shot with no question.
BigRidah wrote:
I dont like 4-piston brakes, i dont think ive met anyone that dose. They have timing problems and feel differant every run.

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 22:02 Quote
that's just the elixir cr lever setup.. and i guess mixing it with a code caliper? i prefer the regular code calipers, a bit more sturdy. i had elixir cr's before hand and i broke my carbon lever off from a crash, started with a small crack.

Posted: Dec 26, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
I Have some of theese and they've been to the warrenty 4 times now, they just keep breaking, the normal avid code is a better deal for downhillers.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2011 at 16:38 Quote
What's the easiest way to warranty these breaks? Do you have to go through the dealer you bought the bike at? I just bought a 2010 Demo and my rear brake has the throw/reach problem as above, and my front break snapped off on my 4th ride!

Thanks!

Posted: May 2, 2013 at 7:24 Quote
I have a set of cr mags. There pretty good. I got them used but so far only problem I had with them is the seals blew in the caliber. I would deffenitly recamend these brakes, as long as u Maintain them there absolutely flawless!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013932
Mobile Version of Website