Commencal supreme dh 2010

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal supreme dh 2010
O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 20:49 Quote
nishnash wrote:
corsair711 wrote:
nishnash wrote:
Out on keats when I ovalized my Headtube.

And Sorry I meant moer Dh than Fr my bad in mixing the two up, got other shit on my mind.

Yeah. It's more downhill than freeride. It's called the Commencal Supreme DH, ya big goof. However, considering all the adjustable geometry and what not, I don't see what makes it a bad freeride bike.

Its not a BAD Fr bike....its just really goddamn long, which is my main problem....
On skinnys and stuff it gets tricky to turn because of the length, even in its shortest setting.

Oh, we're talking about skinnies and stuff. lol I didn't realize we were taking our twentyten Commie DH back to 1999 for some ladder sessions. lol

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 20:51 Quote
Where I ride skinnes still live, tight turns, switchbacks, rock rolls.....tight slow twisty root sections, tons of stuff you've probably never ridden because you think its lame....but is super fun.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Where I ride skinnes still live, tight turns, switchbacks, rock rolls.....tight slow twisty root sections, tons of stuff you've probably never ridden because you think its lame....but is super fun.

Except for the skinnies, it sounds like the sort of stuff you'd find on a downhill track... Except for the slow part. Yeah, if you're going slow I wouldn't consider this bike.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
Its kinda like DH....except you can't go as fast.

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Its kinda like DH....except you can't go as fast.

So if you're going slow, I wouldn't get this bike. Problem solved.

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 21:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:

And Sorry I meant moer Dh than Fr my bad in mixing the two up, got other shit on my mind.

ohhh that makes sense, I thought you meant on your commmy or the jamis

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 21:33 Quote
kevman866 wrote:
nishnash wrote:

ohhh that makes sense, I thought you meant on your commmy or the jamis
Nope haha been scared to do that since.....although that "purple" gap is bigger....

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
hi josh,
iv been riding this exact bike for about two weeks now. was in the same position as you and this is my first serious race bike. i have to say, its been great so far, nimble yet evens out big hits. very pedal efficient in my view, but im only like ten stone so im lite on it. iv had one problem with the rear brake and thats about it, wasnt even a big problem.
would i recommend this bike, yes!
looks amazing too.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
lol.
I clipped a berm yesterday...leaned to far into it, as I popped out of the lip at the end i hit...sketchy shit.

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 10:56 Quote
JoshJonesdh08 wrote:
seen thebike for £2879 now slightly cheaper
i have seen the bike for £2300

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
let me put it this way, i've owned an 06 supreme for the last two years, and when it is time to bury it, i will buy the newest one i can. like the dude said, buy one with an RC4 and you will never be held back by your bike again.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 14:02 Quote
Im looking at a 2008 supreme DH frame for 650gbp with a pushed dhx+Ti spring
I know this isnt really the right thread, but what are the thoughts on the frames?(sorry if im gravedigging)
Im 6'2" and looking at a medium.
How do the supreme bikes ride? I want a bike that feels responsive and nimble not just a plow bike.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 14:14 Quote
i've literally just bought a large 2009 frame, im also 6ft2 and personally, would find a medium a little small, having sat on it (bearing in mind it is crankless) large feels about right for me Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012838
Mobile Version of Website