The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 4:21 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
tothetrails wrote:
And, so

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nl/en/rock-oil-svi-suspension-fluid/rp-prod8399

should be fine?

Yeah should be ok.

And here, €28

http://www.tftuned.com/marzocchi-seal-kit/p2913

Cheers for all the help Salute

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 20:51 Quote
Should I go with a small or medium 661 evo full face? My head measures at 56 cm so I'm right in between sizes (small: 54-56cm/medium: 56-58cm). My head is long and narrow so I dont want my chin to be exposed if I go with a small but I feel like my head will move around a lot in a medium. I realize buying a helmet online is tricky so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 22:00 Quote
ecshred wrote:
Should I go with a small or medium 661 evo full face? My head measures at 56 cm so I'm right in between sizes (small: 54-56cm/medium: 56-58cm). My head is long and narrow so I dont want my chin to be exposed if I go with a small but I feel like my head will move around a lot in a medium. I realize buying a helmet online is tricky so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Add to the mix that not all the helmets have the same fit, and depending on brand you will love/hate it or simply don't work

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 1:24 Quote
ecshred wrote:

Whatever you do, even if you then order it online (bit of a dick move if you ask me, but if its ridiculously cheaper then I wouldn't blame you), get to a shop and try some on. Seriously, you don't want an ill fitting helmet, especially if you've got an odd shaped/sized head. Full face lids are one of the few things I will buy at my lbs without fail, just for that ability to try it on.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 3:56 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
ecshred wrote:

Whatever you do, even if you then order it online (bit of a dick move if you ask me, but if its ridiculously cheaper then I wouldn't blame you), get to a shop and try some on. Seriously, you don't want an ill fitting helmet, especially if you've got an odd shaped/sized head. Full face lids are one of the few things I will buy at my lbs without fail, just for that ability to try it on.

+1
ALWAYS try one in before committing to the purchase! Helmets are one of the products that returns can be difficult with!

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 6:39 Quote
ecshred wrote:

You bring up a great point I wish I didn't figure this out the hard way. Unfortunately all the local shops in my area don't carry 661 and they sell stuff like POC which is ridiculously expensive. I wont even be using it that much so maybe I'll just rent one at the bike park.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 6:49 Quote
How much would it be used verses how much are they to rent? Your option is rent one first time and see which size you need, then buy one?

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 7:08 Quote
How much would it be used verses how much are they to rent? Your option is rent one first time and see which size you need, then buy one?
I think its $10 to rent for the day so I might just go that route. I've already gone through the trouble of buying 2 helmets online just to find out they don't fit me so I'm just over it at this point.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 7:38 Quote
Yeah id possibly just rent one until you find a brand that fits. Unfortunately, the description of your head sounds like a POC might fit perfectly, id give one a try on at least.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 13:44 Quote
Yeah id possibly just rent one until you find a brand that fits. Unfortunately, the description of your head sounds like a POC might fit perfectly, id give one a try on at least.
Any idea how 661s fit? I've heard theyre on the smaller side of what the size chart goes by.

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 13:48 Quote
Bigger in my experience. I could have got a way with a medium 661, my new giro is a snug large

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 0:34 Quote
Does anyone run these grips?

http://www.bontrager.com/model/11260

Bontrager rhythm plus. I could get a pair of these from my LBS. I know ODI is the shit etc, but it would be nice to support my LBS. So if those are decent grips I would consider getting a pair of those.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 10:38 Quote
Can someone explain to me the differences between the SRAM x1,x01,and xx1 group sets other than the obvious carbon bits. I'm currently looking at the x1 group set with x01 cranks, and what I was wondering is it it worth it to upgrade the whole group set or not?? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 12:19 Quote
JPO1512 wrote:
Does anyone run these grips?

http://www.bontrager.com/model/11260

Bontrager rhythm plus. I could get a pair of these from my LBS. I know ODI is the shit etc, but it would be nice to support my LBS. So if those are decent grips I would consider getting a pair of those.
how much are those grips at your LBS?

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 14:37 Quote
i-ride-beastly wrote:
Can someone explain to me the differences between the SRAM x1,x01,and xx1 group sets other than the obvious carbon bits. I'm currently looking at the x1 group set with x01 cranks, and what I was wondering is it it worth it to upgrade the whole group set or not?? Thanks!

As you mentioned, there's less carbon as you go down the line. The main features remain the same, the only real differences between xx1 and xo1 are the spider interfaces, bearing type (ceramic or not), and cassette coating. Differences between xo1 and x1 are less carbon (Notably in crankset), and the fact that the x1 cassette has pins (not machined from 1 piece) and the chain is heavier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035690
Mobile Version of Website