The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 6:27 Quote
f*ck. Well it's a four year old fork that's been ridden hard, wouldn't surprise me really. Will recheck the stem though!

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 16:44 Quote
Check where stem mounts to handlebar. Mine was creaking but was loose, tightened and no mas creaking

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
anyone the i2i and stroke length of a banshee rune v2 2014

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 2:49 Quote
My cassette is stuck... What is the easiest way to get it off?
photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 3:24 Quote
Wale wrote:
My cassette is stuck... What is the easiest way to get it off?
photo

2 chain whips....
Put the small cog back on but leave UN tightened.
One whip on the largest, one on the smallest and push in opposite directions.
(Large ring anti clockwise, small clockwise)

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 3:29 Quote
Thanks alot! The only problem is that I have only one chain whip.

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 3:45 Quote
Im guessing its a split cassette (separate rings) and its dug into the freehub body. Hold the biggest ring with your chain whip, and using a small hammer or something similar, tap the teeth of the smallest cog backwards (anti clockwise) until it frees off. Repeat up the cassette until theyre all off

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 4:22 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
Im guessing its a split cassette (separate rings) and its dug into the freehub body. Hold the biggest ring with your chain whip, and using a small hammer or something similar, tap the teeth of the smallest cog backwards (anti clockwise) until it frees off. Repeat up the cassette until theyre all off
Only the two smallest cogs are separate

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 4:25 Quote
Theyll probably be the stuck ones then, getting them off should loosen the whole thing. If its riveted not spidered, you might still have to give them all a good few taps to get them moving

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 4:50 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
Theyll probably be the stuck ones then, getting them off should loosen the whole thing. If its riveted not spidered, you might still have to give them all a good few taps to get them moving
The two smallest ones came off easy and the rest are stuck. I'll try to put one of the two smallest cogs on there and hold it with a chain whip and give the rest of the cogs few taps.

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 6:07 Quote
If all else fails, put the wheel on a bench cassette side down and tap at the largest cog through the spokes using a hammer against a rod or piece of wood.

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 8:12 Quote
Screwdriver + hammer to budge it out of the freehub. Had to do this last week.

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 13:34 Quote
Wale wrote:
The two smallest ones came off easy and the rest are stuck. I'll try to put one of the two smallest cogs on there and hold it with a chain whip and give the rest of the cogs few taps.
I got it off like this

Posted: Sep 18, 2014 at 7:08 Quote
Can't afford a dropper at this moment in time so has any made a home made dropper and trigger?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035211
Mobile Version of Website