The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 8:44 Quote
This has to be my favourite part lol
'As on more than one occasion now, I have convinced myself it has snapped into the middle position fully, only to stand up and half a second later have my saddle sack tap me at what feels like Mach 2. As if having your tender danglie bits treated like a ping pong ball wasn't enough, you are inevitably heading towards a downhill that you would rather not have your seat up for.'

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 10:45 Quote
The one thing stopping me buying a dropper for my Meta SL is the price so I may have to get myself one of these. They sound alright.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
I've heard a couple of people saying they need stripped down pretty much every ride when it's muddy. To be honest Reverb's and HiLo's are cheap enough now that's it's not worth that little saving to end up with a worse post IMO especially with the extra support offered.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
What about the Giant contact post? They are inexpensive and work very well. They are also easy enough to rebuild when they start getting stiction.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
Okay guys, maybe not quite the place but it's one of the best places I can think of asking. I was looking for a site selling Turncoats and the only place that had tapered ones was a South Korean bunch called www.bicyclehero.com read some reviews of the site and they seem to be the Korean equivalent of CRC, reviews seem legit and payment was via PayPal. The shipping options were like this:

Pantos Logistics - 5-7 working days £6
FedEx Express - 2-3 working days £14

Naturally being used to free shipping and fearing customs charges I went with Pantos. Now I'm beginning to regret that decision, there isn't much information in the form of reviews online, an evening of Google searching gave me no more than a guy on eBay complaining that his parcel was 3 weeks late with their service and the tracking page hadn't progressed past the parcel going through customs. My tracking information now says that my parcel is in the UK however, it's status has remained unchanged today. Perhaps I'm just worrying about nothing but it would be nice to know if anyone else has had experience with this company? My plan is to wait until next Tuesday (8 days since dispatch) and if there's been no progress then contact their UK hub, right move or not?

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Okay guys, maybe not quite the place but it's one of the best places I can think of asking. I was looking for a site selling Turncoats and the only place that had tapered ones was a South Korean bunch called www.bicyclehero.com read some reviews of the site and they seem to be the Korean equivalent of CRC, reviews seem legit and payment was via PayPal. The shipping options were like this:

Pantos Logistics - 5-7 working days £6
FedEx Express - 2-3 working days £14

Naturally being used to free shipping and fearing customs charges I went with Pantos. Now I'm beginning to regret that decision, there isn't much information in the form of reviews online, an evening of Google searching gave me no more than a guy on eBay complaining that his parcel was 3 weeks late with their service and the tracking page hadn't progressed past the parcel going through customs. My tracking information now says that my parcel is in the UK however, it's status has remained unchanged today. Perhaps I'm just worrying about nothing but it would be nice to know if anyone else has had experience with this company? My plan is to wait until next Tuesday (8 days since dispatch) and if there's been no progress then contact their UK hub, right move or not?
You bought a traitor?

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 16:01 Quote
I don't understand if joke or typo or what Very confused

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 16:02 Quote
turncoat.... traitor... that's worse than a dad joke.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 17:52 Quote
Ahhh, Google informed me. I didn't even know turncoat was a real word!

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 2:26 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Ahhh, Google informed me. I didn't even know turncoat was a real word!

Learn some history dude! A turncoat is a soldier who turn turned his army uniform inside out so as to not be recognized as an enemy combatant! Hence the traitor gag....

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 6:47 Quote
Well, I didn't know what Cam bought so I googled it and it told me it was a traitor......

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 12:15 Quote
Hi,

Asked a while ago about play in my cassettte when mounted to my Crossmax SX.

I was advised that they needed a mavic spacer, instead of the ghetto one that's in there.

Fitted that, and there's still play in the cassette. The cogs rotate around the freehub by a few millimeters.

Any ideas?

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 12:41 Quote
staike wrote:
Worn freehub?

Sounds like the case. I'm guessing you mean the play is round the cassette I.e. It wobbles forwards and backwards when mounted on the bike. That's a dead freehub.

If it wobbles side to side like it needs an extra chainring on the cassette then you will need to seek the help of a lbs.

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 12:56 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
staike wrote:
Worn freehub?

Sounds like the case. I'm guessing you mean the play is round the cassette I.e. It wobbles forwards and backwards when mounted on the bike. That's a dead freehub.

If it wobbles side to side like it needs an extra chainring on the cassette then you will need to seek the help of a lbs.

I'll put my spare 9 speed cassette on, see if it's the same problem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046973
Mobile Version of Website