The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 5:39 Quote
staike wrote:
I have had some from offsetbushings.com on several bikes and it only works if you put it a place there is no rotation.

so would the off set bushings work on my frame?
new frame and forks on

Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 5:40 Quote
Yes, just tell them the bike and shock

Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
its-sam wrote:
Yes, just tell them the bike and shock

cheers everyone!

Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 5:50 Quote
Your only issue is bottoming out length. Remove your shock and measure between the shock bolts at full compression. Then work out how short your shock is when fully compressed and minus 7mm. If the shock figure is higher than the space figure, your good to go.

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 5:48 Quote
Hey guys,

Sorry for the thread revival!

I run Offset Bushings.com - if you have any questions please get in touch with me either through here or our website.

The Trance is a very popular frame to fit them to in fact!

In regards to turtlesauce2000's post - within the last year we changed to a new supplier for our brass rod. This is machined to very high tolerances in Asia and shipped to us - we then machine it to size along with our spacers.
Since the new material, we have not had a single reported complaint in regards to wear or any issues with our bushings. With thousands of happy customers so far who are loving our product, along with numerous magazines.

Hope that helps,

Jeron
www.offsetbushings.com

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 6:31 Quote
jezzah wrote:
Hey guys,

Sorry for the thread revival!

I run Offset Bushings.com - if you have any questions please get in touch with me either through here or our website.

The Trance is a very popular frame to fit them to in fact!

In regards to turtlesauce2000's post - within the last year we changed to a new supplier for our brass rod. This is machined to very high tolerances in Asia and shipped to us - we then machine it to size along with our spacers.
Since the new material, we have not had a single reported complaint in regards to wear or any issues with our bushings. With thousands of happy customers so far who are loving our product, along with numerous magazines.

Hope that helps,

Jeron
www.offsetbushings.com

Hello

cant remember exactly when i bought my last set, but confident it was in the last year.

The issue i have is of the brass ends rounding over meaning its impossible to remove the aluminium spacers to get the bushing kit off the shock. I ended up grinding them off.

I think the problem arose from the end of the brass pin not having a chamfered edge.

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 6:46 Quote
I'm very happy with mine Smile

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 9:08 Quote
My last order was April 18 this year and they were much friction in. Tried fitting one on the back end on the shock on my Legend and it was so sticky. Even on the front where there is not much movement I could definitely feel the difference. Works great on my Canyon Nerve trailbike though as there is no movement on the bottom mount.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 4:20 Quote
anyone know of any good low stack stems?

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 8:57 Quote
Ragley stubbing, ns magneto

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
Funn Funnduro is pretty good too.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 9:43 Quote
Dmr sect or defy. I know the defy is 31mm.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 9:45 Quote
Funnduro is 35mm, really nice stem.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 9:58 Quote
its-sam wrote:
Funnduro is 35mm, really nice stem.

Mine's 31.8mm and 45mm in length. There's also a 60mm length available. Never seen a 35mm one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.061503
Mobile Version of Website