The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 9:58 Quote
its-sam wrote:
Funnduro is 35mm, really nice stem.

It is if you don't badly paint em Wink

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
peter413 wrote:
its-sam wrote:

Mine's 31.8mm and 45mm in length. There's also a 60mm length available. Never seen a 35mm one.

You can get 35mm length ones, but I was talking about the stack height

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 10:01 Quote
its-sam wrote:
peter413 wrote:
its-sam wrote:

Mine's 31.8mm and 45mm in length. There's also a 60mm length available. Never seen a 35mm one.

You can get 35mm length ones, but I was talking about the stack height

Ah my mistake. I should really have been able to work that out given I own one.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 10:26 Quote
Deity Cavity is 31mm stack. Really wide faceplate too.

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 12:28 Quote
fire eye do a 30mm stack stem, my friend has one. they look pretty solid and they are quite light too.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 18:15 Quote
i have a 2012 reign sx and want to get more into enduro but not lose the downhill capabilities of the bike. i was thinking of getting monarch plus from the classifieds. ohh, and if you say get an endure bike, i am on a tighter budget. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
Go ccdb for more dh oriented and more adjustable dampening

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 18:38 Quote
build them leg muscles up and ride that thing up the hills! not sure what your enduro races are like that you'll be doing but the impression I get is that in most enduros, unless you're walking the uphills and stopping for snack breaks, it doesn't matter how fast you get up the hill as long as you can do it in a specified time, so making your bike a better climber wouldn't give you that much of an advantage. go do some hill intervals, drop a pound or ten if you're soft in the middle, and give em hell 2 cents

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 17:30 Quote
@goldhecklerswag i was looking at those, how much for a used one do you think?

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 19:16 Quote
Idk look on buysell

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 21:26 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
build them leg muscles up and ride that thing up the hills! not sure what your enduro races are like that you'll be doing but the impression I get is that in most enduros, unless you're walking the uphills and stopping for snack breaks, it doesn't matter how fast you get up the hill as long as you can do it in a specified time, so making your bike a better climber wouldn't give you that much of an advantage. go do some hill intervals, drop a pound or ten if you're soft in the middle, and give em hell 2 cents
My understanding is that if you have a bike that clombs more efficiently its not so much the time you do your transfer stages in, its the energy expended to make the transfer stage on time.

I would not sacrifice downhill handling for it though.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
Looking to upgrade the fork on my 2011 Faith 1 and am torn between a Fox Van or Float. I live in Minnesota so I have to be able to pedal but I usually go to the nearest lift access for most riding. Any advise between my different options? Keeping in mind I'm a poor college student Wink

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 11:09 Quote
Go for a used van. Fox's coil stuff is reel nas. And not so much service as air.

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
My Non-kashima Van was a lot better than my Kashima Float.

I mean both were great, but the coil stood out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042541
Mobile Version of Website