The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 2:47 Quote
riish wrote:
to align it, loosen off the bolts, spin the wheel, then gradually slow it down with the brake. Keep it pulled hard while you tighten the bolts back up and you should have it right.

This. If you have trouble reaching, you can use cable ties to hold the lever compressed. Or get yourself a workshop bitch to hold it.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
Hope tech videos (alignment and piston balancing) are a great resource.

Once it's aligned go for a muddy ride and that'll usually get them bedded in really well.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 13:55 Quote
Thanks for all the feedback guys, great help on this forum as always

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
Broken seat post
Broken seat post
Broken seat post

Sooo, this happened... It seems to be cracked where the carbon post and aluminum insert meet. It doesn't completely come apart, and there's only slight side to side play. I've been riding it like that for like 10 miles and it doesn't seem to be affected by the crack in the resin, other than the slight play in it. Is there any way to join the aluminum and carbon back together? Is there a danger in riding it like that? I am not an expert on carbon fiber at all, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
Id probably be looking for a new seatpost if I was in your situation. Might be repairable, im no expert in carbon either, but if its already got play then it might ultimately work loose and that could hurt. Just my opinion though

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 14:30 Quote
You could probably layer some carbon over it but I highly doubt that would be worth the time, effort or money. I say get a new post.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
New post ...Analuminiumone

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
most definitely. Well, I tried haha. thanks everybody!

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 16:10 Quote
Black duct tape... No one will know unless you tell them... Just like silver painted steel springs.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 16:43 Quote
RGonz wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Just be sure to grease it. A seized seatpost is not fun.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 16:44 Quote
debonis wrote:
RGonz wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

This so much

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
its-sam wrote:
debonis wrote:
RGonz wrote:

This so much
I put tha grease on all the things. I've been there before trust me.. Seized shit sucks butt big time, I learned the hard way looong ago haha

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 19:01 Quote
RGonz wrote:
its-sam wrote:
debonis wrote:

This so much
I put tha grease on all the things. I've been there before trust me.. Seized shit sucks butt big time, I learned the hard way looong ago haha

yea, another thing I'll never forget are pedal washers.....Nightmare getting tight pedals off.

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 at 10:12 Quote
debonis wrote:
RGonz wrote:
its-sam wrote:

This so much

yea, another thing I'll never forget are pedal washers.....Nightmare getting tight pedals off.
Pedal washers? Never even thought of doing that. Thanks for the protip haha, I gotta go scrounge around the garage for washers now

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
RGonz wrote:
debonis wrote:
RGonz wrote:

Pedal washers? Never even thought of doing that. Thanks for the protip haha, I gotta go scrounge around the garage for washers now

Haha, yea. cranks usually have a bit of a countersunk hole for them.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mMPHk5s1r5oN1AP_H6MOG4Q.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053134
Mobile Version of Website