The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 19:39 Quote
I ended up going with a pro 4. Seemed like the most serviceable and readily available option.

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 4:17 Quote
Looking to a replace a Mountainking 2.2 rear tire on my all mountain bike, any suggestions? 26" and tubeless.
photo

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
Tom-Ryde wrote:
Looking to a replace a Mountainking 2.2 rear tire on my all mountain bike, any suggestions? 26" and tubeless.
photo

Are you looking for fast rolling resistance or really grippy? Dhf rolls pretty fast, dhr2 is slightly slower but amazing on the dh. IMO stay away from schwalbe for the rear tires, they just wera too fast.

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 15:07 Quote
I have a 2012 Giant Glory 0 with bolt-on 12mm thru-axle in the rear. I'd like to be able to remove this on the trail without carrying a wrench just for it. I'm having quite a hard time figuring out my other options. Something with a built-in lever or hex keyed ends would probably be ideal. What can I do?

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 16:07 Quote
brocktice wrote:
I have a 2012 Giant Glory 0 with bolt-on 12mm thru-axle in the rear. I'd like to be able to remove this on the trail without carrying a wrench just for it. I'm having quite a hard time figuring out my other options. Something with a built-in lever or hex keyed ends would probably be ideal. What can I do?
an 8mm Allen key

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 7:24 Quote
Nobble wrote:
brocktice wrote:
an 8mm Allen key

That would be great. What I have right now requires a box-end or adjustable wrench to remove.

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 9:04 Quote
brocktice wrote:
Nobble wrote:
brocktice wrote:
an 8mm Allen key

That would be great. What I have right now requires a box-end or adjustable wrench to remove.
the glory axles use an Allen key too. Unless you don't have the original axle.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
What is the extra canister thing attached to some rear shocks?

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 14:57 Quote
[Quote="Nobble"]
brocktice wrote:

I just got it used, it's got whatever it came with, no alley key on either end.

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 16:10 Quote
KingColin08 wrote:
What is the extra canister thing attached to some rear shocks?

the piggyback is for oil storage and houses the IFP and adjustable damping circuits on most shocks.

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 17:07 Quote
[Quote="brocktice"]
Nobble wrote:
brocktice wrote:

I just got it used, it's got whatever it came with, no alley key on either end.
you might want to look again. There's an Allen key bolt in each end that doubles as a socket ended bolt

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 7:05 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
There's an Allen key bolt in each end that doubles as a socket ended bolt

You are correct. It's 8mm on one side and 10mm on the other.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 4:51 Quote
out of interest who would be a good brand to look at regarding carbon components

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 5:06 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
out of interest who would be a good brand to look at regarding carbon components

Depends which components. Cranks id say race face, bars your probably ok as long as it's a decent brand, seat post and rims the same. Stems I wouldn't trust for the small weight saving.

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 10:29 Quote
Can someone tell me why it's so difficult to sell your bike?

i sold my ns soda slope today for less than half of what i put into it and had very little interest. Every time i have built a high spec bike and go to sell it after less than a year normally it's extremely hard and slow to eventually sell it and then you make close to 40% at best on it.

Is it such a niche market that you would expect this or are people just broke nowadays?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.474868
Mobile Version of Website