The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 14:32 Quote
Okay, thanks guys. Will it be a very noticable upgrade? Like is skf the best for eliminating sticktion?

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 15:47 Quote
mtb55 wrote:
Okay, thanks guys. Will it be a very noticable upgrade? Like is skf the best for eliminating sticktion?

Yes indeed. With slick honey, even better.

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 18:10 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
mtb55 wrote:

fox stock seals are made by SKF aren't they?

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 1:49 Quote
Nobble wrote:
oldmanDan wrote:
mtb55 wrote:

Read back, he has Enduro seals...

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 1:51 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Nobble wrote:
oldmanDan wrote:

STOCK*

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 9:08 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Nobble wrote:
oldmanDan wrote:

you made a point of buying SKF seals, which are available aftermarket (and really expensive). I was just pointing out that the stock fox ones are now made by SKF.

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
Need help in finding a part that's pretty scarce:

I need a 34t 3/32 tooth width sprocket but in the single bolt-drive bmx style.

Its for my old 08 Specialized P2, the old sprocket got mangled.

The one I found was from here:
http://www.profileracing.com/product/imperial-31-40/

But dropping $70 CAD for this on a bike that overall is only in the $400 ballpark seems pretty steep.

Checked my local bike shops but no luck.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Scuzzy wrote:
Need help in finding a part that's pretty scarce:

I need a 34t 3/32 tooth width sprocket but in the single bolt-drive bmx style.

Its for my old 08 Specialized P2, the old sprocket got mangled.

The one I found was from here:
http://www.profileracing.com/product/imperial-31-40/

But dropping $70 CAD for this on a bike that overall is only in the $400 ballpark seems pretty steep.

Checked my local bike shops but no luck.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

The buy/sell on here?
Chainreactioncycles.com?

Last bmx sprocket I bought was about 70$ new but there's got to be a slightly cheaper one profile stuff Is on the pricey side.

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 4:00 Quote
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOCO27/on-one-codeine-275-frame

Looking at investing in one of these, anyone know anyone who rides one and what they are like? or just a general opinion on what you think of it and what are those shocks like?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
Anyone with a GX rear mech tried to tighten the clutch for more tension? Mine has less tension that a shimano with the clutch off now after a years use! Know you could on the 10 speed stuff but can't find anything for GX.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 14:51 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Anyone with a GX rear mech tried to tighten the clutch for more tension? Mine has less tension that a shimano with the clutch off now after a years use! Know you could on the 10 speed stuff but can't find anything for GX.
If it has the 2.0 clutch type it can be increased. If it is the 2.1 or newer clutch it is what is is.

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
You can pull out the little pin that stops the adjustment on type 2.1 but it will void your warranty

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 3:23 Quote
So, dropper post arrived, notice my bike doesn't have a hole for the cable. How bad would it be to drill one?

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 3:40 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
So, dropper post arrived, notice my bike doesn't have a hole for the cable. How bad would it be to drill one?

Which bike is it going to? do you have any plans on where to drill this hole/route the cable? It should not be a real concern other that the fact that you are probably going to loose any warranty that's left for your frame.

If that's not the case then I'll try to take the less stressful route for the frame. Drill a hole big enough for the cable to go through, but letting you be able to debur and sand/almost polish the drilled surfaces, in order to alleviate the stress risers. Don't drill too close to a welding bead, leave at least 25mm (1") between them.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 4:16 Quote
Commencal meta HT from 2014, I'd drill a few cm from the BB I guess.

Kinda of going against it as I don#'t have all the tools to do it properly at the moment... returning and getting on with external cable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038685
Mobile Version of Website