Best, strongest and lightest wheelset for the money

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best, strongest and lightest wheelset for the money
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 21:14 Quote
i need to get a new DH wheel set but dont wanna spend a kajillion dollers and also want to keepit fairly light, and as i said a dh set so it also need to be fairly strong.

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:29 Quote
spank subrosa is quite good and cheap.

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
mavic 721s for light, 729s for UBER strong, a good 721 build is strong too

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
Halo Freedom is light and pretty stong

On Nuke Proof hubs they're awesome

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
yah i know, but in the end it would cost me more to build up a wheel set than to just buy a ready made one, like im thinking about deetraks, deemaxxs are too expensive for me

EDIT, I'll probebly look into building a wheel set too but i ust cant find any hubs that are decent and fairly reasonably priced, i would go with pro 2 on 721 off of chain reaction its just that they sold out of 721 and pro 2

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
yah i know, but in the end it would cost me more to build up a wheel set than to just buy a ready made one, like im thinking about deetraks, deemaxxs are too expensive for me

EDIT, I'll probebly look into building a wheel set too but i ust cant find any hubs that are decent and fairly reasonably priced, i would go with pro 2 on 721 off of chain reaction its just that they sold out of 721 and pro 2
I have 721's to hope pro 2's. Built the wheelset myself for around $300. and thats counting a true at the shop. if you find deals you can get it cheaper: www.chainreactioncycles.com

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
Sean115 wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

I have 721's to hope pro 2's. Built the wheelset myself for around $300. and thats counting a true at the shop. if you find deals you can get it cheaper: www.chainreactioncycles.com
i know its just that chain reaction sold out of the hope and 721's i want

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
mavic 721's are the shit. so light, so strong, so inexpensive. if you race dh get 721's. if you pair them with hope pro 2's, you get a really light and strong wheelset.
just be prepared to replace the rims seasonly

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:

Check out BWW, you can choose hubs/spokes to go with rims and they build for you:
http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=8

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.018574
Mobile Version of Website