Aliens and the Universe!

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Aliens and the Universe!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
Why is the universe so big . . but theres only one planet with life?
Seriously why is all of that there? Aliens? Something else? Your opinions. I dont want to hear alot of evolution or creation crap i just wanna hear opinions Smile

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
Because in no way is evolution anything to do with science.

You're asking for scientific facts or opinions on an issue about which there are no scientific facts or opinions? How, do you propose, does that work?

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Because in no way is evolution anything to do with science.

You're asking for scientific facts or opinions on an issue about which there are no scientific facts or opinions? How, do you propose, does that work?
theres no opinions on aliens?! and theres no "sightings" of "aliens" and no recording of these "extraterrestrial events" the recording of these is facts

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
Why is the universe so big . . but theres only one planet with life?
Ok. Our planet is the most unique in the entire universe. One of the rarest there is, heres why.

Our planet used to be a huge hunk of rock 4 billion years ago. Earth also had a twin, Theia. The two planets where born in similar orbits, which resulted in a collision. The two planets collided and made one big planet, which is our planet now, Earth. Of course there was rocks that floated into space, once in space these rocks gathered and formed what we know today as the Moon.

So now our planet is just the right size and has just the right amount of gravity. This is important because now Earth had an atmosphere. Even an atmosphere needs gravity to hold it down, if it didn't, it would leak out into space. Mars is a perfect example of this.

Our atmosphere keeps our planet warm, it drives the climate, it provides oxygen that we need to breath, and the most important of all, it provides us with protection. So you see, without our atmosphere, we would not be alive.

Another very important factor as to why there is life here is our location. The Earth is located in perfect position in our solar system, not to close to the sun, yet not to far. It's just right.

Another important factor is Jupiter. Jupiter is huge, which means it has more gravity. It pulls everything that could ever come near Earth to it. That's why if you look at Jupiter there are massive amounts of huge craters.

Basically our planet is like one of a million. We are so lucky that Earth is the way it is, and it's a shame that we treat it the way us humans do. But keep in mind, we are not really hurting the planet, but we are hurting ourselves. The Earth will still be here after life has gone.

There are many others but I'm tired of typing. I will continue later if you want me to.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 21:22 Quote
Think of it this way. There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth. Almost everyone of those stars has planets orbiting it. The chance that other life is out there is actually quite possible. The chance we'll ever communicate with them, almost impossible. Just because there is life on another planet doesn't make it intelligent. For all we know it evolved into something that isn't even close to us at all.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 21:24 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
Think of it this way. There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth. Almost everyone of those stars has planets orbiting it. The chance that other life is out there is actually quite possible. The chance we'll ever communicate with them, almost impossible. Just because there is life on another planet doesn't make it intelligent. For all we know it evolved into something that isn't even close to us at all.
Hmm for all we know there could be alternate universes

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

There actually could be. It's called a multi-verse. If M theory/String theory is correct there probably is.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

There actually could be. It's called a multi-verse. If M theory/String theory is correct there probably is.
'
That would be hella trippy!?!?! That could change the idea of God altogether. What if the ideas of god and evolution are just aliens messing with us to see who wins. Like the earth is one big social/religious experiment. Lol i kno this isnt true but it reminds me of that episode of south park.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:

'
That would be hella trippy!?!?! That could change the idea of God altogether. What if the ideas of god and evolution are just aliens messing with us to see who wins. Like the earth is one big social/religious experiment. Lol i kno this isnt true but it reminds me of that episode of south park.

This has nothing to do with god.

Posted: Oct 2, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
I believe there is life out there, but not anywhere in our solar system.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
Im sure there are aliens, in fact we are probabaly aliens in a way. before we were on earth im sure the animals often wondered if there was life out there, and worried about aliens with their superior technology and strange languages would invade them. and we did. and now we are worrying about the same thing happening to us.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
artifact wrote:
Im sure there are aliens, in fact we are probabaly aliens in a way. before we were on earth im sure the animals often wondered if there was life out there, and worried about aliens with their superior technology and strange languages would invade them. and we did. and now we are worrying about the same thing happening to us.

Since humans are the first and only creatures on earth capable of abstract thought, the animals before us didn't wonder anything at all

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
artifact wrote:
before we were on earth im sure the animals often wondered if there was life out there

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I summarised your post, C-42.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
haha yea, those were the respones i was expecating. i dont actually benelive in that, i just wanted to see what people would say haha

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
artifact wrote:
haha yea, those were the respones i was expecating. i dont actually benelive in that, i just wanted to see what people would say haha

sure....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046108
Mobile Version of Website