2010 Glory 00 Build Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2010 Glory 00 Build Thread
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 21:46 Quote
jessemc wrote:
its his cash, maybe he figured it would be cheaper that way, whateva

Anywho update, picked up my glory 1 today, love the colour, just gotta switch out a few parts now.

sick J! Bring that puppy around...

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 11:33 Quote
any time man...
should we hit up the church?

Posted: Feb 4, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
brandonf wrote:
Either way, it seems like a huge waste of money to me. Dude must have ALOT of money lying around. Only things there that seem reasonable to me are ti spring, bars, stem, grips and of course tires

Maybe he works at a shop. If he does, its not even close to a waste of money.
Ya I do work at a shop.

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 12:54 Quote
I figured out a better cable routing option for the 2010 Glory....

You can be creative with how to mount both Brake and Der cable to the top of the down tube, some stick on cable guides work just fine (come with a lot of forks). The trick to route both cables on the non-drive side of the Maestro link as there is more space here and allows for normal movement without damaging both cables. There isn't enough room on the drive side. Check photos to make more sense of it all...

photo
photo
photo
photo

There you have it, now shuttling won't hinder your shifting or braking!

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
thanks, you've cured all my worries about the distrous downtube cable mounting,when i got my glory i would've done something similar

Posted: Feb 8, 2010 at 16:10 Quote
Looks sweet, I did something similar to my Reign X0. Im going to have to do that to my Glory when it shows up. Just called our Giant rep on Friday, My Glory isn't coming to me until the first week of AprilFrown and I ordered it in September...oh well!

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 2:19 Quote
I made a little Glory vid last year on a bike I borrowed for a demo Smile
Thought i'd stick it up here fellas-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DuyDsf_4o

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 2:22 Quote
jumpingj wrote:
I made a little Glory vid last year on a bike I borrowed for a demo Smile
Thought i'd stick it up here fellas-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DuyDsf_4o

aahhh yes i remember this video, it was on of the first ones with the new glory...got totally barred up when i saw in action...

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 8:43 Quote
mitcht wrote:
I figured out a better cable routing option for the 2010 Glory....

You can be creative with how to mount both Brake and Der cable to the top of the down tube, some stick on cable guides work just fine (come with a lot of forks). The trick to route both cables on the non-drive side of the Maestro link as there is more space here and allows for normal movement without damaging both cables. There isn't enough room on the drive side. Check photos to make more sense of it all...

There you have it, now shuttling won't hinder your shifting or braking!

Nice work, could you share some pictures how the lines look higher on the frame? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
where i live there are not any giant dealers locally theres a few things i'd like to know before i buy one. 65.5 degree head angle this doesn't seem slack enough but, figures like this can be very different to other 65.5 degree head angle bikes- how does it feel slack enough? What size would you recommend for someone 5.8 and would it be useful to put some protective tape on the downtube to prevent easy denting like the session maybe.

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 16:59 Quote
I just checked my head angle last night and it came out to 64Deg, I have the upper crown on the 40 with no spacers below and stantions dropped 3/4"

I checked it with my digital degree finder in a verified level surface.

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 17:01 Quote
Woodsy1975 wrote:
I just checked my head angle last night and it came out to 64Deg, I have the upper crown on the 40 with no spacers below and stantions dropped 3/4"

I checked it with my digital degree finder in a verified level surface.

whats your measurement from fork seal to lower crown? Whats your current bb height and what tires are you running?

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 22:37 Quote
Great idea about the cable routing. Does that make the bike quieter? Because I noticed that the cables make quite a lot of noise when the suspension moves.
On another note, I got my 350 lb spring and measured 29% sag in normal clothes. Should I trade it for a 300 lb or just wait until everything breaks in fully? I should probably put on what I wear for DH and measure it again though

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
brandonf wrote:
Great idea about the cable routing. Does that make the bike quieter? Because I noticed that the cables make quite a lot of noise when the suspension moves.
On another note, I got my 350 lb spring and measured 29% sag in normal clothes. Should I trade it for a 300 lb or just wait until everything breaks in fully? I should probably put on what I wear for DH and measure it again though

325 if you can, 300 maybe be too much

maestro runs nice with more sag rather then less

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012711
Mobile Version of Website