Capital Punishment: Yay or Nay?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Capital Punishment: Yay or Nay?
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

No you wouldn't. Blank Stare

No? Your actually gonna sit behind your computer screen and tell another human being what they would do in a given scenario?

You can't even get your your/you'res right, so calm down. once you learn grammar, then you can go back to being the internet tought guy.

I love irony.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 13:42 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

No you wouldn't. Blank Stare

No? Your actually gonna sit behind your computer screen and tell another human being what they would do in a given scenario?

Yes.

Have you ever maybe thought that there might be some f*cked up people out there? Is that a possibility? Maybe people who enjoy watching others die or suffer? No, your right, that's impossible. Why do we even have jails and a justice system? I'm sorry to have questioned internet god over here. I should have known that you know exactly who I am.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 13:43 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:

You can't even get your your/you'res right, so calm down. once you learn grammar, then you can go back to being the internet tought guy.

I love irony.

That's cute.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 13:51 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:

Yes.

Have you ever maybe thought that there might be some f*cked up people out there? Is that a possibility? Maybe people who enjoy watching others die or suffer? No, your right, that's impossible. Why do we even have jails and a justice system? I'm sorry to have questioned internet god over here. I should have known that you know exactly who I am.

99% of people would say they can do it just like they see in their little video games, but when it comes down to holding the gun and pulling the trigger, they won't do it.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Yes.

99% of people would say they can do it just like they see in their little video games, but when it comes down to holding the gun and pulling the trigger, they won't do it.

I'm going to agree with you on that. BUT to tell someone that you know very little about, what they would do in a given situation is something I find a little ignorant.

Let me ask you a question. Let's say Billy slaughtered, not killed but slaughtered, 18 children. And of course he raped them before violently decapitaing their bodies and stashing them in his freezer. Now let's say in this beautiful province we call British Columbia, there is no such thing as jails. Jails were removed because the reccession got so bad that no one could afford to pay the guards, the court system, etc. etc. Now Billy the violent serial killer thinks he can run around slaughtering children. Cool. But unfortunatly for Billy, he's been caught by some pissed off parents. You being one of them, with your 3 adorable children at home, agree that this needs to come to an end. Right? You don't want this f*cker running around killing babies anymore. You also agree that you have 2 options. 1. Try to jail Billy somewhere. This means people have to stay at the jail(or wherever) with Billy to make sure he doesn't escape because there's no power and the jail is not very secure. This is dangerous and requires hours on end of patrolling and feeding f*ck head. Option 2. grab your buddies shotgun and do what you need to do. Unfortunatly your the only one who can do this cause all the other parents are pansies. In a scenario like this, would you man up and pull the trigger? Or put your life, your childrens lives and the lives of your communtiy at risk because you decided you wanted to keep Billy alive?

That was way too long. I apoligize.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 14:20 Quote
A) If you shoot him you go to jail. So no thnx

B) That is a very very very extreme and unlikely scenario.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:

A) There is no such thing as jail in this situation

B) Yes it is an unlikely scenario, but so is capital punishment.

Either way man. Try letting people speak their minds for once without jumping in and saying NO! People have opinions, better you learn to accept that now than later on.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 14:42 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Either way man. Try letting people speak their minds for once without jumping in and saying NO! People have opinions, better you learn to accept that now than later on.

Completely horrible situation then, because then who decides who's innocent, whos guilty, and how much punishment they deserve. It would be a completely flawed system of vigilantism.

At what point did I not let you speak your mind? You spoke your mind, and I spoke mine. I can jump in and say no whenever I want. It's called disagreeing with someones opinion. If your going to voice your opinion be prepared to be disagreed with.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 14:47 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
six-feet-under wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Completely horrible situation then, because then who decides who's innocent, whos guilty, and how much punishment they deserve. It would be a completely flawed system of vigilantism.

At what point did I not let you speak your mind? You spoke your mind, and I spoke mine.

Well ya, but that's cause everything is f*cked. The degree of punishment would have to be up to the citizens.

And it's mainly just the way you said "no, you wouldn't do that". I take offence to that. I should just learn to not speak my mind on such a liberal website. That would probably be best.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 14:50 Quote
"The degree of punishment would have to be up to the citizens."

Eek no thanks.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 16:05 Quote
I just wrote a quality reply and then f*cking lost it. Here´s its essence.

6FU, your hypothetical scenario is probably the most irrelevant thing yet written in this thread.... what´s your point? That there are sick f*cks out there? They make up surely less than 1% of murderers. You can´t eliminate them from society, they´re an unfortunate fact. I´m much more interested in the massive majority who aren´t like that, who aren´t murderers or serious criminals just because they´re messed up in the head but for whom it´s to do with predicament, circumstance, etc.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 16:08 Quote
six-feet-under wrote:
I should just learn to not speak my mind on such a liberal website. That would probably be best.

f*cking rofl

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 18:00 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
I love irony.

Typos are a little different. But thanks...Rolleyes

Edit: Actually it's not irony at all. if I had used the wrong version of your/you're or their/they're/there it would be, but I didn't.

I suggest you look up the definition of irony before you attempt to call me out next time.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 22:33 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
I love irony.

Typos are a little different. But thanks...Rolleyes

Edit: Actually it's not irony at all. if I had used the wrong version of your/you're or their/they're/there it would be, but I didn't.

I suggest you look up the definition of irony before you attempt to call me out next time.
Confused i think your missing the point, as for capital punishment . . YAY!

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
harriieee wrote:
I just wrote a quality reply and then f*cking lost it. Here´s its essence.

6FU, your hypothetical scenario is probably the most irrelevant thing yet written in this thread.... what´s your point? That there are sick f*cks out there? They make up surely less than 1% of murderers. You can´t eliminate them from society, they´re an unfortunate fact. I´m much more interested in the massive majority who aren´t like that, who aren´t murderers or serious criminals just because they´re messed up in the head but for whom it´s to do with predicament, circumstance, etc.

The scenario was random. My point is that I think capital punishment could benefit in some cases. That's it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025649
Mobile Version of Website