YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 5:25 Quote
Hi! Is there someone who have YT Tues 2.0 with RS Kage RC shock? Iam interested about basic YT Tues 2.0 version but I dont know nothing about that shock and about RS shocks at all. Any long term review? What about service, durability and travel? And is there anyone who swapped Demo (12) for YT Tues 2.0 and can write some feelings if its better or worse? Thank you very much. Beer

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 5:38 Quote
Hey guys, had both my dh bike and xc bikes stolen a couple of weeks ago (commie supreme v3 with deemax etc, and a specialized stumpie, absolutely gutted), and since I can't afford two new bikes I'm thinking of ordering a Capra, looks like the perfect do it all for what I ride.

Was just hoping for some advice about how best to pay from the UK without getting stuck with terrible rates or big fees. I have a foreign currency card from when I travelled called a fairfx card, and it looks like they do a no fee international money transfer, do you think that would be the best way to do it?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 5:50 Quote
Morka wrote:
Hi! Is there someone who have YT Tues 2.0 with RS Kage RC shock? Iam interested about basic YT Tues 2.0 version but I dont know nothing about that shock and about RS shocks at all. Any long term review? What about service, durability and travel? And is there anyone who swapped Demo (12) for YT Tues 2.0 and can write some feelings if its better or worse? Thank you very much. Beer

ive blown up a vivid r2c as have 2 of my mates ...Im not going rockshox anything again.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 5:58 Quote
I'm running a Kage R on my other bike, it feels capable, not had any issues with it so far, it does lack refinement though and adjustability is a little lacking, but its not bad.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 7:53 Quote
ryanridesbikes wrote:
Hey guys, had both my dh bike and xc bikes stolen a couple of weeks ago (commie supreme v3 with deemax etc, and a specialized stumpie, absolutely gutted), and since I can't afford two new bikes I'm thinking of ordering a Capra, looks like the perfect do it all for what I ride.

Was just hoping for some advice about how best to pay from the UK without getting stuck with terrible rates or big fees. I have a foreign currency card from when I travelled called a fairfx card, and it looks like they do a no fee international money transfer, do you think that would be the best way to do it?

Thanks

Bank transfer.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 13:06 Quote
dhstone wrote:
Let's put are opinions to the side, of which is better 1x10 2x10 or 3x10, I don't understand one important thing, why does the chain fall of from the middle ring, but when I put on a narrow wide ring in the middle, it does not fall off, I did not remove any spacers from the BB so every thing is exactly the same as it was before Facepalm it's just a different ring. I think it's the chain rings that come with the bike that are bad not the frame or the bike, because now with a different chain ring it stays in place. Infact one of the main reasons sram state that a 1x11 is better then a 2x10 because the better your chain ring shift's gears, the more the chain wants to come off, it's a natural thing for the chain ring to want to throw of the chain, because it's build for that reason in way, so it's like a knife that cut's from both sides, ironically the better the chainring shifts the more you can loose your chain, it's one of newton's laws, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, you make it shift better, it will loose the chain better.
Can't be the chainrings as the pro comes with E-13 as opposed to your comp that comes with Raceface. I'm still baffled by this too but I don't really care about pedal efficiency. It's not really something I think about on a ride so if my chain stays on with the new 1 x 10 setup, I'll be happy.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 14:37 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:
dhstone wrote:
Let's put are opinions to the side, of which is better 1x10 2x10 or 3x10, I don't understand one important thing, why does the chain fall of from the middle ring, but when I put on a narrow wide ring in the middle, it does not fall off, I did not remove any spacers from the BB so every thing is exactly the same as it was before Facepalm it's just a different ring. I think it's the chain rings that come with the bike that are bad not the frame or the bike, because now with a different chain ring it stays in place. Infact one of the main reasons sram state that a 1x11 is better then a 2x10 because the better your chain ring shift's gears, the more the chain wants to come off, it's a natural thing for the chain ring to want to throw of the chain, because it's build for that reason in way, so it's like a knife that cut's from both sides, ironically the better the chainring shifts the more you can loose your chain, it's one of newton's laws, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, you make it shift better, it will loose the chain better.
Can't be the chainrings as the pro comes with E-13 as opposed to your comp that comes with Raceface. I'm still baffled by this too but I don't really care about pedal efficiency. It's not really something I think about on a ride so if my chain stays on with the new 1 x 10 setup, I'll be happy.
Well the 1x10 works great for me too, but what I ment for the chainring, aplies for the e,thirteen too, obvisly you mist that point Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
What I meant was that the chance of two, well established manufacturers having poorly functioning chainrings is pretty unlikely and leads me to believe that the problem lies with the frame. Also the narrow/wide is bound to be better because it's not designed to change ring.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 23:46 Quote
Dialled-for-life wrote:
What I meant was that the chance of two, well established manufacturers having poorly functioning chainrings is pretty unlikely and leads me to believe that the problem lies with the frame. Also the narrow/wide is bound to be better because it's not designed to change ring.
Yes I get your point, I'm not saying that the frame could not be any better, but as you sad the chain rings provided with the bikes are two of the best, but being the best for shifting a chain will also mean being the best for not keeping the chain on Attention This is one of srams statements when explaining why the single speed narrow/wide ring was invented in the first place, because to sort out this problem all I needed to do was put on a less capable shifting chainring, and it will stay there, I did not change the frame of the bike tup

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 3:06 Quote
Road gap at forest of dean YT-Industries tues 2.0 LTD

Epic days riding at Forest of Dean on Good Friday!, Good to see masses of YTs! including another 2 LTDs! Loving the bike and progressing so fast on her! Bring on Whistler!

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
Hi guys, yt told me my bike would have been ready for week 19 but they decided to surprise me! Big Grin

p.s. please don't mind the pedals, they haven't arrived yet so i put on some plastic pedals from a bike i had while i wait for the new ones...

photo

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 14:27 Quote
MadSamux wrote:
Hi guys, yt told me my bike would have been ready for week 19 but they decided to surprise me! Big Grin

p.s. please don't mind the pedals, they haven't arrived yet so i put on some plastic pedals from a bike i had while i wait for the new ones...

Wow, you're really lucky dude. While you get your bike 3 weeks earlier, mine already passed 1 week and no sign of getting it shipped.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 14:30 Quote
Yeah that's not fair Big Grin
The green looks nice though, keep the plastic pedals, I'm sure it will be the new trend !

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
MadSamux wrote:

Wow, you're really lucky dude. While you get your bike 3 weeks earlier, mine already passed 1 week and no sign of getting it shipped.

Mine was a week late to be shipped, it's really hard to guess dates of shipment dude, it's easy to criticise but I ordered ruxs seperately for my yt and they were gonna be 10 months late due to a missed shipment - guessing shipment times is really hard

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 4:56 Quote
yeah i guess i was very lucky.. however i can say that the bike is perfect, the paint job is very well done.. i'm sure that despite the wait you will not be disappointed Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017816
Mobile Version of Website