YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
The scratch at the rear of the bike looks like a tool / assembly scratch, not shipping...

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 1:02 Quote
Hey vpfree2009,
I have a capra pro, and it climbs really well, leg power need tho . Also my brother has got a capra comp 1 , which he upgraded from a canyon strive, and he is now getting up climbs he never could before!

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 12:46 Quote
Adam1984 wrote:
Hey vpfree2009,
I have a capra pro, and it climbs really well, leg power need tho . Also my brother has got a capra comp 1 , which he upgraded from a canyon strive, and he is now getting up climbs he never could before!

This makes me happy because I was kinda considering cancelling the order and going with one of these (because of all the negative threads) but now this definitely confirms my decision tup Beer

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 6:09 Quote
Adam1984 wrote:
Hey vpfree2009,

Nice one, that's great to know. I'm not too bothered as long as it's more than capable on the way down Smile

I suppose everyone checks out the alternatives like canyons carbon strive. Great idea but I don't fancy revision one proprietary tech! German or not...

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 10:02 Quote
Its a near perfect bike ....... ok the paint could be better .... buuuut thats about it ....

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 10:37 Quote
barnylondon wrote:
Its a near perfect bike ....... ok the paint could be better .... buuuut thats about it ....

If you want to see delicate paint, get a Charge bike.

If you walk too close to my Charge Cooker it scratches!

You have to be aware that the Capra isn't a XC bike, but for a slack long throw bike its does mighty well up hill.

You'll be grinning on the downs though!!

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
barnylondon wrote:

My capra pro is 3 months old now and has been ridden circa 40 times. I've not used heli tape or any other protection system, and it's actually held up paint wise much better then my demo or camber have.

The bike's bedded in well, but started creaking a bit and I've given up on the BOS shock and stuck with a monarch plus as it's leaking air again, so will have to go back to Germany for the second time Frown
photo

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
More interested in what it's leaning on Drool super jealous

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 21:59 Quote
Graeme4130 wrote:
barnylondon wrote:

My capra pro is 3 months old now and has been ridden circa 40 times. I've not used heli tape or any other protection system, and it's actually held up paint wise much better then my demo or camber have.

The bike's bedded in well, but started creaking a bit and I've given up on the BOS shock and stuck with a monarch plus as it's leaking air again, so will have to go back to Germany for the second time Frown

This is interesting... YT said that they have only ever seen 2 Kirks with a leaking air chamber. They must have both been yours! Don't think so... I think they might be telling the customers some slightly tweeked facts.Did you look into sending it to the UK service centre, as it was a repeat fault?

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 0:48 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:

Perfect mountain biking car Smile

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 0:50 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Graeme4130 wrote:
barnylondon wrote:

This is interesting... YT said that they have only ever seen 2 Kirks with a leaking air chamber. They must have both been yours! Don't think so... I think they might be telling the customers some slightly tweeked facts.Did you look into sending it to the UK service centre, as it was a repeat fault?

When I first got problems (at delivery in June) the new uk service centre wasn't set up and ready to go
I've emailed YT and asked them to send me a new valve core and I'll just got it myself. When the kirk's working, it's a lovely shock, but it's got yo the point now where I can't be arsed with the hassle of it and the monarch plus is 95% as good anyway

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 3:55 Quote
Graeme4130 wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Graeme4130 wrote:

When I first got problems (at delivery in June) the new uk service centre wasn't set up and ready to go
I've emailed YT and asked them to send me a new valve core and I'll just got it myself. When the kirk's working, it's a lovely shock, but it's got yo the point now where I can't be arsed with the hassle of it and the monarch plus is 95% as good anyway

If you didn't have the Monarch plus I'd have said a CCDBair CS would probably your best solution if you're fed up of the Kirk's issues. Still that's a lot of money to spend when you shouldn't have to, on a new bike.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 5:16 Quote
Interesting to hear the problems with the Kirk, I've been very impressed with my Vip'r and had no problems.

Maybe the original issue you had wasn't resolved with the attempted fix and it needs additional work or a full replacement?

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 6:23 Quote
Graeme4130 wrote:
tomcrowther wrote:

Agreed!

It is interesting to hear about the issue with the Kirk. I've had nothing but positives on the BOS fork and suspension on my Tues. Dished out a day and a half of DH at the bike park this past weekend and it was faultless and reliable, as it has been for the past year. The control even as speeds ramp up is excellent. No leaks or undue harshness after over a year on my side. Will send it in for an oil change as specified in about a month or so. I'm sold on their products.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
AbsolutX3 wrote:
Graeme4130 wrote:
tomcrowther wrote:

Agreed!

It is interesting to hear about the issue with the Kirk. I've had nothing but positives on the BOS fork and suspension on my Tues. Dished out a day and a half of DH at the bike park this past weekend and it was faultless and reliable, as it has been for the past year. The control even as speeds ramp up is excellent. No leaks or undue harshness after over a year on my side. Will send it in for an oil change as specified in about a month or so. I'm sold on their products.

It was possibly a one off. They replaced the first one and I've just been unlucky with the sticking valve on the second. Luckily I just applied some silicon lube to the core and it's now working perfectly. The BOS kit is incredible when it works, but it sometimes takes hassle to get it working
The forks are amazing and I've had no issues at all with them

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015842
Mobile Version of Website