YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 12:28 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
Mike-Gambino wrote:
Any idea on what size bikes I should order? I'm used to riding mediums as I am 5'11" and 165 lbs. But I have read yt kinda runs small. I'm just trying to find out cause I can't test and want to order today.
What bike are you thinking of buying ?
6'1" on a L Capra is perfect ,reverb all the way in ,2" shorter you'd need a 125 dropper ?
What is your inseam? I'm doubting between M an L as well but I got relatively long legs. I'm 182cm that is 5ft,11.5inch.

I am a 32" inseam and don't have super long legs, i am proportioned, and i'm 179cm which is 5' 10.5".
I think im going with medium to have a little more play, and less stability will just make me better as line choices etc.

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 13:53 Quote
My inseam is 35"/ 89cm, so that is 3" difference while we only differ 1"in height, thus a quite big difference in build.

I think will be allright with the combo of a L frame and 150mm dropper post. (I hope...)

Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
My inseam is 35"/ 89cm, so that is 3" difference while we only differ 1"in height, thus a quite big difference in build.

I think will be allright with the combo of a L frame and 150mm dropper post. (I hope...)

I'm 184 with 198 wingspan and 92 inseam Batman so I have wondered for ages why bikes got recommended size by height. Have L Tues pro and think it's damn good.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
FoX07 wrote:
photo

i'm so disappointed, looks like a mcdonald bike, that yellow tues on the top tube is ugly and hell too big, need a soft version, red on black or full black would be nice

I was thinking it looks like Iron Man's bike

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 7:25 Quote
Just a quick question.

Anyone with the 2015 E Thirteen LG1R cranks that came on the Tues Pro been able to get them off?
I have been in contact with E Thirteen and followed there instructions like the link here:

http://service.bythehive.com/Guide/How+to+Remove+TRS+Race+Cranks/28

I bought the Park tool CCP-44 and have still not been able to get them off....

My cranks have now developed a bit of play and I really need to give the BB a good service.
So any help or info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 9:14 Quote
Is anyone here that ordered Tues Al Comp in red has had any shipping details yet? (UK) cheers

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
StueyStuey wrote:
FoX07 wrote:
photo

i'm so disappointed, looks like a mcdonald bike, that yellow tues on the top tube is ugly and hell too big, need a soft version, red on black or full black would be nice

I was thinking it looks like Iron Man's bike

I'm equally as dissapoined!, the ugliest colour combo I've ever seen on a bike!! and the waiting list on the Black one is way past when i need it by!

Are they releasing a 27.5 Pro?

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 21:42 Quote
It's no secret they are working on a carbon, so yes, there will be a Pro at some point. Some are hoping for an Al Pro, but I cannot see why that wouldn't have been released already then. The wait for the Pro could be longer than the wait for the black frame though.

There's always the option to go with another brand.

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
hi guys,
i am considering the yt capra cf pro but im a little bit sceptical for a carbon enduro bike. are they tough enough for some serious abuseWink ? and what about the bos suspentions cos i never seen a bike with such shocks in my country? are there any capra cf pro owners around who can guide me through? any review is greatly appreciated. 10x

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
I cannot give a review, but the nuanced answer is that carbon fibre comes down to the quality of work and material used by the frame builder. It could be much more durable than Alu, both in terms of brute force falls and fatigue-over-time, as well as more brittle and subject to sudden disintegration. At this point of the Capra life-time, it really comes down to how much you trust YT knowing their business and improving over time with experience from what has failed earlier.

Put it this way: You could have expected a large number of 'my Capra Pro frame has broken' posts around the Internet if this was a major problem presently. There were issues early, but that has since been sorted and all posts of that kind have dried out. In a few years, as the frames become older, we might see things change. Then again - maybe we won't. Nobody knows as only time can tell.

Note though, that we're not talking brittle road bike carbon frames here (and not ever roadie frames are really built for weight-saving alone), so it's not like a fall or some random abuse will cause it to break. If you haven't seen the oft-referred to Youtube video where PB visits Santa Cruz and test (decent experiments, but clearly not in a scientifically controlled way) what carbon frames can take if built well, then do so. Despite that video, the sudden failure risk can be scary to live with for some, despite the potential for carbon to suffer less from material fatigue than Alu and potential benefits in terms of abuse. Dents in an Alu frame are more telling signs of something bad about to happen, and can thus feel safer from that quality alone.

(I can't say anthing about BOS though - no experience with them.)

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
spastic001 wrote:
hi guys,
i am considering the yt capra cf pro but im a little bit sceptical for a carbon enduro bike. are they tough enough for some serious abuseWink ? and what about the bos suspentions cos i never seen a bike with such shocks in my country? are there any capra cf pro owners around who can guide me through? any review is greatly appreciated. 10x

BOS after sales service is one of the worst around, save yourself some money and hassle and get the comp

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
spastic001 wrote:
hi guys,
What country are you from ?
I would recommend the Pro, the Bos stuff is the nuts, but as H-H said the afterservice is f*cking appalling.

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
I've had no problems servicing my BOS fork/suspension. Couldn't get the US distributeur to respond so I sent it to SuspensionWerx in Canada, they were really good at timely response and getting it back to me.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 9:35 Quote
photo
Found this on the web...another leak?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022229
Mobile Version of Website