YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 6:10 Quote
Red Cf TUES Pro just ordered!

est delivery..end of April!!

Couldnt be happier...spec /colour -everything looks top notch!!

...Now i just have to cancel my Capra order. :-0

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 7:36 Quote
Gubbins wrote:
dhstone wrote:
But not in blue, it's in red or green

Pro is in blue too... just have to click the colour

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/downhill/241/tues-cf-pro?c=63
Yep I missed that Smile

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 9:24 Quote
cocacolakev wrote:

dont you need both? Because if your riding needed a capra a Tues will only slightly overlap...

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
It's got the new renthal stem Smile

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
cocacolakev wrote:

dont you need both? Because if your riding needed a capra a Tues will only slightly overlap...

i already have a Canyon Spectral Enduro bike with pikes /db inline.

i was ordering the capra as my downhill/bike park bike but decided to go all out with the Tues!

:-)

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
Capra would have been to much overlap with your other bike I think. Tues makes more sense!

It looks like YT is warning people about setting up BOS suspensions:"the TUES CF PRO delivers ultimate fun and performance from the first meter of the trail to the last. The highly sophisticated and fully tunable suspension is recommended for advanced riders with good understanding of bike set-up."

Btw I find it odd that the Carbon and Aluminium Tues dont have the same geo: CF is 10 mm longer in reach/TT/wheelbase for avery size? I would exspect them to be developed together?

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 8:55 Quote
Hello,
I want to buy a Small Yt Tues .
Can't choose between the 2 wheel sizes.
I would go for the 27.5" only because it looks better.

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/downhill/224/tues-al-comp?c=93

How it rides relatively to 26"?

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/downhill/157/tues-comp-26?c=93

Thanks a lot

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
you'll be a bit hard pressed to find someone with an informed view on this, i dont think anyone has taken delivery of 27.5" tues yet or will do for a while.
so for now you will have to go off press reviews, the usual 26v27.5 arguments and a bit of blind faith.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 9:12 Quote
riderman wrote:
Hello,
I want to buy a Small Yt Tues .
Can't choose between the 2 wheel sizes.
I would go for the 27.5" only because it looks better.

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/downhill/224/tues-al-comp?c=93

How it rides relatively to 26"?

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/bikes/downhill/157/tues-comp-26?c=93

Thanks a lot

I went for 26" pro because: 1) Took them too long to publish new models so didn't bother to wait and even if I had to decide now I'd go for same model because 2) Looks way better, 3) Marzocchi and 4) Adjustable.

And I don't care about 27.5" fuss anyways...

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
And it's 2014 vs 2015
And spec slightly different ( avid code and BOS shox that i cant service in israel ) VS ( Sram guide rs ad vivid rc2 that i do an service in israel )

I'm afraid the bigger wheels are much less maneuverable in tight technical tracks

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
riderman wrote:
And it's 2014 vs 2015
And spec slightly different ( avid code and BOS shox that i cant service in israel ) VS ( Sram guide rs ad vivid rc2 that i do an service in israel )

I'm afraid the bigger wheels are much less maneuverable in tight technical tracks

I don't think the slight difference in wheelsize matters that much unless you're hardcore racer and your life depends on the 0.5 second difference. Hell, you can manouver a roadbike if you want to lol

On a more serious note: If 27.5" is so much better that it renders 26" obsolete and unridable then sure someone should have thought about that a bit earlier, don't you think? And on the other hand if 27.5" is going to be crap and unmanouverable on tight technical tracks, then why have every brand jumped to the bandwagon? It's a new trend that I don't believe even matters to most people and for sure it doesn't make last years bikes suddenly any worse than what they were a year ago. Also 27.5 doesn't magically make you that much better rider. And remember the most important thing: Every year there will be new bikes and what is newest new today is old tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be happy with either model tup

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 16:09 Quote
That was the most reasonable comment I've seen on Pinkbike about wheel size !
I would add that the big advantage of the 27.5 is that you'll be able to sell it easier as it is the new trend, that is, if you're planning to change for a newer bike on a yearly basis.

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 19:20 Quote
It would be good if bike companies at least have us the option or had race models with bigger wheels

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 5:25 Quote
Imho the difference is negligible. It just make a lot of your 26" parts incompatible with 27.5" bikes meaning more $$$ but I'm a bit cynical

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 at 18:17 Quote
Just sold my 2014. Tues in order to buy the 2015 CF one.
Is there anyone here who already ride the 2015 CF (especially for German people)?
Just curious about their QC. Is it still the same or not.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015180
Mobile Version of Website