YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
my Tues CF (medium) came with a 225lb spring. I weigh about 180lbs (81kg) so called YT to ask what is suitable for my weight. It was recommended to get a 250, maybe a 275. Interested in SA/Stendec springs I reached out when I saw no mention on their site for fitting a Vivid (267 x 89). They responded...

"Sorry, we can not help - the max length of damper our springs fit is 241."

Ouch. Dang, I was very interested in this upgrade. Anybody got any suggestions for a Ti or SA equivalent (Fox SLS?) spring?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
For those with Bos Void 2 air leak problem - try to get 2-028 (34,65 x 1,78 mm, material EPDM) o-ring from any o-rings or seals supplier. My Void 2 also works with 2-026 (31,47 x 1,78 mm) but I think the 2-028 would fit better. Dont forget to grease o-ring slightly. Anyway - air leaking is solved Cool

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
Kthlhu wrote:
For those with Bos Void 2 air leak problem - try to get 2-028 (34,65 x 1,78 mm, material EPDM) o-ring from any o-rings or seals supplier. My Void 2 also works with 2-026 (31,47 x 1,78 mm) but I think the 2-028 would fit better. Dont forget to grease o-ring slightly. Anyway - air leaking is solved Cool

And how's she riding mate?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 22:34 Quote
Koura wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

Yowza! Looks awesome mate. Counting down the days... hopefully two weeks out.

I'm allocated against the July shipment too...8th July availability when I ordered. It's still got to get from Taupo to Perth though, so that could take 2 weeks. My conservative prediction is 4 weeks out for me, maybe 3 for Victoria deliveries...

My understanding is it might be closer than you think... Wink

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 23:38 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Koura wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

Yowza! Looks awesome mate. Counting down the days... hopefully two weeks out.

I'm allocated against the July shipment too...8th July availability when I ordered. It's still got to get from Taupo to Perth though, so that could take 2 weeks. My conservative prediction is 4 weeks out for me, maybe 3 for Victoria deliveries...

Have you been sent a tracking number?!?!?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 23:45 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Kthlhu wrote:

And how's she riding mate?

Just awesome !! Cool BOS suspension is the top class compared to Fox / RS. However the top class suspension needs top class service. The bike is very quiet while riding. I'm still getting used to ride on 27,5 wheels and with slightly higher pressure in my tires due to no tubeless system on bike yet (waiting for my Schwalbe Procore) I've had no tube in my XC, EN or DH tires since 2010 so the tube inside really makes me feel strange and ride very carefully.Smile I had also the problem with broken off rear axle locking screw head while tightening - I've used screw extractor and than the broken off cone head of the YT's bolt as a washer and standard steel M5 hex bolt through - works great.

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 0:35 Quote
Koura wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:
Koura wrote:

Have you been sent a tracking number?!?!?

No but apparently the Australian shipment is enroute from NZ to a local distribution centre in Brisbane already.

Been a bit of a roller coaster, waiting, reading about so many issues and doubting the decision. I just need to get it, and ride it down a steep pile of rocks and loam somewhere!

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 1:05 Quote
good read all this. im waiting for mine to arrive, was told week 26 dispatch, possibly start of week 27, no email for dispatch at the start of this week, so i emailed them on tuesday, still no reply, also questioned if i would be elegible for the 300euro refund...

it will be taken apart, invisi frame added, shock seal greased and all bearing and bolts checked, before being ridden : )

might even pack some more grease in the bearings, as these bearings are meant to spin at high rpm so arnt full of grease. ive found that some pre-emptive maintenance often makes these things last a lot longer!

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 4:38 Quote
Phoned YT his morning about the leaking rear shock they finally had an answer for me..They assured me that I will have a new o ring by the end next week.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
Does anyone know what spring ships in the Boxxers of a medium CF Tues? 225 rear spring sounds about right for me so am hoping they pair it with a soft spring in the forks.

If anyone can let me know I'd appreciate it as if the Boxxers come with a medium I'd like to get the spring ordered while I'm waiting for the bike. Cheers,

John

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 14:25 Quote
One for the guys with a Tues CF pro. Does the BOS setup guide arrive with the bike. I had seen one for download on the BOS website a few weeks back but now the site is down (BOS really showering themselves with glory at the moment).

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 14:32 Quote
Yes for the shock, the forks came with manual for the idylle sc

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 16:09 Quote
What is the torque for seatpost clamp on Tues CF Pro?
Can't find it on the manual or exploded drawing.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 16:42 Quote
planetxboy wrote:
Yes for the shock, the forks came with manual for the idylle sc

Cheers Mate.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 2:14 Quote
Any idea what top headset cup I need?

First ride out, 3 runs in and it goes bang. 3 parts it ended up in and took carbon with it.
Haven't checked it for cracks yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014988
Mobile Version of Website