YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 15:28 Quote
deanphoto wrote:
Gmancool99 wrote:
Is this just happening on the tues cf or al also?

No such issues on my 4 month old Tues AL.

Great to hear thanks! Smile

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 18:00 Quote
The ACROS AiX-325 on the CF Tues appears to be a chamfered headset and not press fit. It should be self centering. Ensuring the the steerer tube is grease free and switching to an aluminum top cap might resolve the loosening issue.

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 0:52 Quote
Hello,it's my first message here...

First of all....sorry for my English. ..

I need some feedback about yt tues.i undecided between tues comp steel 650b and the demo 8 650b steel.like a components i prefer tues.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 3:47 Quote
pcloadletter wrote:
The ACROS AiX-325 on the CF Tues appears to be a chamfered headset and not press fit. It should be self centering. Ensuring the the steerer tube is grease free and switching to an aluminum top cap might resolve the loosening issue.

Agreed. Pulled it apart tonight (or my good mate did Wink ) and also received a note from the Australian distributor. He's been really helpful as always. The cups are actually a part of the frame's carbon moulding. It's worth checking to see if they're seated properly then, as suggested, swap the plastic top cap for a metal one.

I'll see how it runs this weekend. Certainly feels free of play right now!

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 4:04 Quote
pcloadletter wrote:

would be nice to fit a cane creek or something in here, with better sealing on either end. on the existing one there is only the actualy seal on the bearing, on the CC there is normally a rubber seal that seats on the top+bottom cups as a first line of defence.

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 8:35 Quote
The only part of the bike I'm still unsure about is the headset area.

Just seems funky that the bearings sit right in the frame without anything else... Just carbon.

Whistler for 2 weeks in 5 days, hopefully it'll hold up.

Heard of a lot of broken carbon capras from mates Frown

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 15:56 Quote
On the base Tues AL what makes the most sense to upgrade first? Wheels? Handlebar and stem? Brakes? None of the above?

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 16:05 Quote
GameCock33 wrote:
On the base Tues AL what makes the most sense to upgrade first? Wheels? Handlebar and stem? Brakes? None of the above?

Wheels. Then Charger damper. They'll change the bike, mine feels amazing now.

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 16:22 Quote
deanphoto wrote:
GameCock33 wrote:

What wheelset did you upgrade to?

Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 16:49 Quote
jack-sprogis wrote:
The only part of the bike I'm still unsure about is the headset area.

Just seems funky that the bearings sit right in the frame without anything else... Just carbon.

Whistler for 2 weeks in 5 days, hopefully it'll hold up.

Heard of a lot of broken carbon capras from mates Frown

I'm sure it'll hold up fine mate.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 0:29 Quote
GameCock33 wrote:
deanphoto wrote:
GameCock33 wrote:

I went for a set of Hope Tech Enduro's. I know they're not downhill rims but after seeing Craig Evans ride a set on hs DH bike I didn't think they'd cause me any issues!

YT
  YT

Hope hoops 150 on Tech Enduros

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
deanphoto wrote:
GameCock33 wrote:
deanphoto wrote:

I went for a set of Hope Tech Enduro's. I know they're not downhill rims but after seeing Craig Evans ride a set on hs DH bike I didn't think they'd cause me any issues!

YT
  YT

Hope hoops 150 on Tech Enduros

Looks awesome. I was also wondering the same thing as I'll be getting mine soon. Charger damper is first on my list though. Wheels later. Then just general cockpit upgrades etc. Saints may have to be bought too...

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
Just received my o-ring for the void in the post but they didn't send any instructions with it, has anyone on here done the swap and if so have they got the instructions?

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 14:11 Quote
the-argos wrote:
Just received my o-ring for the void in the post but they didn't send any instructions with it, has anyone on here done the swap and if so have they got the instructions?
photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018748
Mobile Version of Website