YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 5:56 Quote
manx100 wrote:
Im having probs with the headset going slack after a few runs on my tues cf comp. I know a few of you guys have had this issue and wondered what yt are suggesting ?
Seems to me that the problem is a bad fit between the frame and the lower headset bearing causing too much play. My top cap is also alloy so thats not the prob.
I emailed them and am waiting for a response. Facepalm

Might sound a simple question but have you loosened the pinch bolts on the stanchions and crown on the steerer before tightening the headset?

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 6:53 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
manx100 wrote:
Im having probs with the headset going slack after a few runs on my tues cf comp. I know a few of you guys have had this issue and wondered what yt are suggesting ?
Seems to me that the problem is a bad fit between the frame and the lower headset bearing causing too much play. My top cap is also alloy so thats not the prob.

Might sound a simple question but have you loosened the pinch bolts on the stanchions and crown on the steerer before tightening the headset?

Yes mate done that a few times and still becomes loose after a couple of runs

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 10:22 Quote
after a month of ownership my mint large tues cf pro is up for sale. i did intend to keep this a lot longer but things have come up that need money ASAP...!

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1839585/

awesome bike, and totally worth every penny in my opinion!

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
manx100 wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:
manx100 wrote:

Have you tried taking it apart? Mine wasn't seated properly so in taking apart and reinstalling it, it fixed it perfectly.

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
manx100 wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

Have you tried taking it apart? Mine wasn't seated properly so in taking apart and reinstalling it, it fixed it perfectly.

Make sure steerer tube and clamps are grease free and super clean. Cleaning solved this issue for me.

I'm still not a fan of how the headset floats. Everything is tapered, so it is self centering and tightens up nicely.

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 15:36 Quote
deanphoto wrote:
whitedp wrote:
Hey guys. Does anyone know what colour spring comes in the Boxxer Team fork on the Tues CF size LARGE? Blue?!
I'm running about 95 kg fully loaded so might need to upgrade to the black (but then, i'm not Aaron Gwin so don't want it super stiff!).
Cheers, Dan

Medium, Red.

I went Black as I weigh 95kg too and found it a little hard on the standard RC damper. My blue now feels a little too soft but sag is spot on, go figure.

I also weight about 200 lbs and thought the red was a bit too stiff. Got the air spring and looking to get a 225 lb rear spring.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 4:45 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
manx100 wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

I had a loose headset as well, all it needed was a larger spacer than what was sent with the bike.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
Any else having trouble getting there maxxis tyres on Ethirteen wheels (tues cf pro)

Mine are a complete nightmare.Normally i steer clear of using tyres levers but I havent got a choice and have pinch a few inner tubes in the process.

I also have a pair of maxxis shortys i bought before even receiving the bike and there a nightmare too.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
Any else having trouble getting there maxxis tyres on Ethirteen wheels (tues cf pro)

Mine are a complete nightmare.Normally i steer clear of using tyres levers but I havent got a choice and have pinch a few inner tubes in the process.

I also have a pair of maxxis shortys i bought before even receiving the bike and there a nightmare too.

Don't even talk to me I've had about 3 punctures in the back and everytime it happens I dread having to change the tube! I ripped the tyre trying to get it back on. Aww don't tell me that I've just ordered shortys too was hoping they would be easier.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:

Leave the tires in the sun or warm them up...as well as soapy water helps.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:

I swapped the high roller's out straight away for magic marys but didnt have any issues taking the tyres off or putting the marys on. Although tbf i was coming from a bike with spank rims, they are THE WORST for having to swap tyres so i guess anything else seems easy in comparison

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 12:35 Quote
I had spank spikes and specialized butchers on my previous bike and its a holiday compared to these.

Shortys are just as bad im afraid Frown

I've tried soapy water which help abit.

Will try warming them up with a hairdryer, Uk September sun aint guna help much lol...

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
the-argos wrote:
stuiewarrior wrote:

I swapped the high roller's out straight away for magic marys but didnt have any issues taking the tyres off or putting the marys on.

I also swapped the High Rollers out for Magic Mary's. The High Rollers were fine to take off - no different from any other Maxxis DH tyre i've had over the years.

On a side note I was a little wary about running Super Gravity both front and rear. Turned out to be a reasonable concern. My local trail has a few pretty rocky sections and i tore the sidewall on the rear last weekend, sufficiently that the sealant couldn't prevent air escaping. Going back to a DH casing on the rear.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 21:29 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
I had spank spikes and specialized butchers on my previous bike and its a holiday compared to these.

Shortys are just as bad im afraid Frown

I've tried soapy water which help abit.

Will try warming them up with a hairdryer, Uk September sun aint guna help much lol...
try brake cleaner, works like a charm

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 3:49 Quote
Got my Shorty for the front on the way, should I be prepared for some swear words?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016388
Mobile Version of Website