YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 12:50 Quote
phatplat wrote:
Does the Tues AL jump well? I am into downhill, but I like hitting jumps more than rolling through rock gardens.
Definitely! Fo sho!!

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
About to buy a void off a current year tues. I've heard about the problems but is it anything that is particularly difficult to fix? What is the actual component causing the problems?

Thanks guys!

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
So, just got my Tues in. What's up with the rear sag? It's got a 250 lbs spring, preload wound out, and even with my full weight of 92 kg sitting on the saddle I get only 32 mm of compression from the shock, so about 36% sag. Even less in the attack position of course. Had ordered a 275 spring beforehand, but probably won't be needing it then. Strange?

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 22:01 Quote
Just read through like 15-20 pages of this forum as I have been thinking about selling my Status 2 and buying the Tues CF. In just these 15 pages out of 270+ it seemed like a ton of people are breaking things, frames have cracked, bos shocks have had issues, and YT is extremely poor at getting back to everyone with solutions..

Just wondering if this is still a good purchase. What do you guys have to say about your bikes are they worth it? Any real issues after extended use? Any helpful info would be appreciated... Until then I will keep reading up on this forum.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 0:38 Quote
michaelfet wrote:
Just read through like 15-20 pages of this forum as I have been thinking about selling my Status 2 and buying the Tues CF. In just these 15 pages out of 270+ it seemed like a ton of people are breaking things, frames have cracked, bos shocks have had issues, and YT is extremely poor at getting back to everyone with solutions..

Just wondering if this is still a good purchase. What do you guys have to say about your bikes are they worth it? Any real issues after extended use? Any helpful info would be appreciated... Until then I will keep reading up on this forum.

Customer Service isn't bad. It's none existant. They do not answer their phone lines and they do not resond to emails. My Tues CF Pro had a crank arm failure and I cannot get a response from them at all. I've been trying for 3 weeks.

I expected a slow response but not no response. Buy from them at your peril.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 0:45 Quote
It seems to me that the US customer service is pretty good from what I've read. I never had any issues with YT in Germany when dealing with warranty issues.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 2:47 Quote
michaelfet wrote:

One thing I would suggest is that you see within the forum whether contact issues/problems relate to the U.S. From what I see they tend to be Europe and more specifically, the UK. Contact the U.S. distributor directly and ask the question of them.
I had concerns based on this forum but found the Australian / NZ distributor incredibly accommodating and responsive. He took me through what would be the process if I had any kind of issues, warranty claims etc.
I had one concern with the headset which I resolved myself but the distributor still had me fill in a warranty form etc so that there was a record.
In terms of performance? I LOVE this bike. I've ridden a stack of different DH bikes including the last six years in V10's. This is my favorite bike. It's insanely good. Once you get the suspension dialed it is phenomenal. It DOES take some work to get it right but the results are that good.
I love mine!

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 2:56 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
michaelfet wrote:

One thing I would suggest is that you see within the forum whether contact issues/problems relate to the U.S. From what I see they tend to be Europe and more specifically, the UK. Contact the U.S. distributor directly and ask the question of them.
I had concerns based on this forum but found the Australian / NZ distributor incredibly accommodating and responsive. He took me through what would be the process if I had any kind of issues, warranty claims etc.
I had one concern with the headset which I resolved myself but the distributor still had me fill in a warranty form etc so that there was a record.
In terms of performance? I LOVE this bike. I've ridden a stack of different DH bikes including the last six years in V10's. This is my favorite bike. It's insanely good. Once you get the suspension dialed it is phenomenal. It DOES take some work to get it right but the results are that good.
I love mine!
Yes the USA and Down under distribution is smashing it .However if you require Germany HQ you're f*cked

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
Boozzz wrote:
So, just got my Tues in. What's up with the rear sag? It's got a 250 lbs spring, preload wound out, and even with my full weight of 92 kg sitting on the saddle I get only 32 mm of compression from the shock, so about 36% sag. Even less in the attack position of course. Had ordered a 275 spring beforehand, but probably won't be needing it then. Strange?

It's the leverage curve inherent to the design. The design does not need a high spring rate to function as it should. Test how the 250 rides first. Bumping up 25lbs probably won't make a huge difference. I did the same (225 > 250 spring) and mine rides really well

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 8:19 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
michaelfet wrote:

I love mine!

Thank you!! This was super helpful. Which model did you buy?

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 9:03 Quote
Sorry if i've missed this.

But what is the solution to the CF pro headset coming loose?

Mine and my mates are both doing it.

Dropped my mates forks out but didnt find anything obvious

we both have alloy top caps, I know someone said theres was plastic and may have been the issue

thanks Stu

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 9:33 Quote
michaelfet wrote:

As a few others have mentioned, the customer service issues seem to vary tremendously according to geography.

Within about 30 minutes of ordering, I had an email from someone at YT USA letting me know the bike was in stock and he would get it out later that day. I had it by the end of the week, in time to ride on the weekend.

I was also looking at this thread and debating about taking the plunge and I can say I'm extremely happy that I did. It's always kind of a leap of faith to buy a bike without riding it, but I felt comfortable on it very quickly with very minimal tweaking (just set sag and took a bit off of the seat post). Three rides in I feel like I'm faster and more stable every time out and I prefer to a lot of bikes I've demo'd that have much higher price tags.

One thing I would probably do differently is shell out the extra dough for the Comp (if you're looking at AL) because I'm probably going to end up putting a charger damper and some better wheels on it at some point.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
GameCock33 wrote:
michaelfet wrote:

As a few others have mentioned, the customer service issues seem to vary tremendously according to geography.

Within about 30 minutes of ordering, I had an email from someone at YT USA letting me know the bike was in stock and he would get it out later that day. I had it by the end of the week, in time to ride on the weekend.

I was also looking at this thread and debating about taking the plunge and I can say I'm extremely happy that I did. It's always kind of a leap of faith to buy a bike without riding it, but I felt comfortable on it very quickly with very minimal tweaking (just set sag and took a bit off of the seat post). Three rides in I feel like I'm faster and more stable every time out and I prefer to a lot of bikes I've demo'd that have much higher price tags.

One thing I would probably do differently is shell out the extra dough for the Comp (if you're looking at AL) because I'm probably going to end up putting a charger damper and some better wheels on it at some point.

Thank you I do appreciate this. I was for sure either getting the Comp, or looking at the CF pro because what a deal with XO drivetrain and Boss suspension.. I just was a bit worried due to some people having some cracks in the frame and having a few other small issues.

I know this is a personal preference but what about sizing? on the website it says medium is 5'9"-6'0" and large is 6'0"-6'5". I haven't found anyone who has a large but when I sat on a medium everything felt okay but the reach seemed a little bit short... It would be a shame to buy a $5k bike thats too small or too big

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 12:29 Quote
Seagull-Steve wrote:
michaelfet wrote:

Customer Service isn't bad. It's none existant. They do not answer their phone lines and they do not resond to emails. My Tues CF Pro had a crank arm failure and I cannot get a response from them at all. I've been trying for 3 weeks.

I expected a slow response but not no response. Buy from them at your peril.

Whoah there....YT-USA is run by Howie and Cameron Zink ( ring, ring, "Hello this is Cameron") and they made me a super satisfied customer! I feel sorry for my bothers and sisters in the EU from what I read on PB, but don't let it bum your fry if you're in the US or NZ for that matter.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
Anyone else having issues with their derailleur cables snapping on the Tues after 20 or so rides? It seems like my cable snaps after running a solid 10 days of runs. Like the geometry is tensioning on the cable a lot when compressed or something? Im not sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018210
Mobile Version of Website