YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:25 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Bad news is the stem is 45mm and not adjustable. The good news is, with Boxxers it shouldn't matter at all! 20mm bars should pose no problems!

Good to hear that Drool

What about 225 spring rate? For over 75kg, it doesn't seem to be enough, does it? I like to ride slightly harder suspensions than recommended.

Should I go for 250 or 275? On trek session was 450, perfect for me, yet different system.

Ti Springs of that large are worth the weight reduction?

Thanks a lot, any anwser much appreciated

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 11:27 Quote
dmpetitc wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:
Bad news is the stem is 45mm and not adjustable. The good news is, with Boxxers it shouldn't matter at all! 20mm bars should pose no problems!

Good to hear that Drool

What about 225 spring rate? For over 75kg, it doesn't seem to be enough, does it? I like to ride slightly harder suspensions than recommended.

Should I go for 250 or 275? On trek session was 450, perfect for me, yet different system.

I'm about 175lbs (80kg~) and went with a 250lb ti spring from lite-spring.com
Saved about .5 pound on the bike and it feels great!

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 14:54 Quote
bhowl wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Knuckle89 wrote:

Can that frame still use 650b wheels? I thought all the team riders had them converted to run 26inch wheels?

It says in the Ebay ad that it has the same BB drop as the regular 650b but i would be happy to run with 26" then i could use the Industry nine gravitys.

Edit: Well it seems you are correct buddy, https://www.pinkbike.com/news/cam-zinks-custom-yt-tues-cf-red-bull-rampage-2015.html

Double edit my friend, McGarry runs 27.5, all the rest run 26"

awesome. what size you going for? 1 of each? lol

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 23:10 Quote
I'm about 75kg and ride a 200 lbs spring on the vivid which feels good so far. I get a little over 30 sag like this.

Posted: Nov 20, 2015 at 3:55 Quote
Nice, now I've got an idea. I'm going to check 225 out. Then I'll decide if either sticking with 225 or switching to 250, Ti made, so I save 0.5 punds too.
Thank you both

Posted: Nov 20, 2015 at 5:23 Quote
Out of interest,can you get a spring for the tues that is under 200 lbs ?

Posted: Nov 20, 2015 at 5:38 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
No, not as far as I know.

Posted: Nov 20, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:

You might be able to get one from ti-springs or a similar company?

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
My yt tues pro is going back to Germany after I realised that the reason that my headset always has play in it is because the cup that the bearing sits in is slightly elliptical causing the bearing to be slack. So no matter how much you tighten it or grease it or whatever there is still play. There is also a crack in the cup! Hopefully they sort it out with a new frame. Just piss3d because I have got Invisiframe on! Hopefully doesn't take too long to be sorted.

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 18:59 Quote
Knuckle89 wrote:
bhowl wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

It says in the Ebay ad that it has the same BB drop as the regular 650b but i would be happy to run with 26" then i could use the Industry nine gravitys.

Edit: Well it seems you are correct buddy, https://www.pinkbike.com/news/cam-zinks-custom-yt-tues-cf-red-bull-rampage-2015.html

Double edit my friend, McGarry runs 27.5, all the rest run 26"

awesome. what size you going for? 1 of each? lol

Penny farthing style 27.5" in front & 16" in the rear Big Grin

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 22:34 Quote
h3ndy050 wrote:
My yt tues pro is going back to Germany after I realised that the reason that my headset always has play in it is because the cup that the bearing sits in is slightly elliptical causing the bearing to be slack. So no matter how much you tighten it or grease it or whatever there is still play. There is also a crack in the cup! Hopefully they sort it out with a new frame. Just piss3d because I have got Invisiframe on! Hopefully doesn't take too long to be sorted.

Thanks for sharing. First thing I'll check out before even assembling. Is it easy to detect? I mean just looking at it. Has anybody else had this elliptical bearing cup issue?

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 7:58 Quote
dmpetitc wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

Good to hear that Drool

The 225 spring will be decent with your weight, try it out first, before changing it. Remember the shock 2.3:1 ratio, which means that the spring rates can be way lower compared to other systems. I find my 225 spring very stiff for my 60kg weight.

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
Anyone know the torque setting is for the Bos rear shock bolts? Also did anyone buy the frame protection pack for the yt tues pro, what goes where?cant seem to find info on both

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 10:29 Quote
Anyone 5'2" riding a small?

Hows the fit?

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
dmpetitc wrote:
h3ndy050 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. First thing I'll check out before even assembling. Is it easy to detect? I mean just looking at it. Has anybody else had this elliptical bearing cup issue?

I have also noticed this with mine when i pulled it apart recently as i am having trouble with the headset still becoming slack every few rides , curious to see what your outcome is ,will be sending mine back soon aswell

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016302
Mobile Version of Website