PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 14:15 Quote
Can anyone tell me what the taper is on a tuees carbon lower headset bearing

It's a 40mm x 52mm x 7mm. I'm just not sure if it 45 or 36 degrees on the taper

Cheers Stu

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 14:23 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
Anyone know off hand the size of the lower headset bearing on a tues CF pro?

My headset keeps coming loose and my mate changed his and its been fine since

This may sound a bit silly but it has been a very common issue with the headsets this year. Toss another 5mm spacer in there and snug 'er down. Many of the steerer tubes were left just a hair too long and won't tighten down properly, especially with the top cap sitting below the top crown. Food for thought and a lot cheaper if it works.

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 16:42 Quote
bhowl wrote:
stuiewarrior wrote:

This may sound a bit silly but it has been a very common issue with the headsets this year. Toss another 5mm spacer in there and snug 'er down. Many of the steerer tubes were left just a hair too long and won't tighten down properly, especially with the top cap sitting below the top crown. Food for thought and a lot cheaper if it works.

Yep - everything snugged up for me by adding s small spacer.

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 18:18 Quote
Does anyone what the format is the date for when a bike is available on the site?? Is it MONTH.DAY.YEAR or DAY.MONTH.YEAR??

The TUES COMP in Canada say 09.03.16 so Im trying to figure out if its available in March or if its not until September. Really hoping its not September haha

Thanks for the help!

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 20:19 Quote
Grubs wrote:
Does anyone what the format is the date for when a bike is available on the site?? Is it MONTH.DAY.YEAR or DAY.MONTH.YEAR??

The TUES COMP in Canada say 09.03.16 so Im trying to figure out if its available in March or if its not until September. Really hoping its not September haha

Thanks for the help!

Well I just ordered a Tues Pro from the US website *Super stoked BTW* and it is scheduled for early May.... Availability for the Tues Pro on the US website reads 05/04/16, however if I switch to the CA website it reads 04/05/16 for the same bike. I think its safe to assume that the 09/03/16 on the CA website is DAY.MONTH.YEAR Smile

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 20:47 Quote
Good choice, the bike is wicked

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 0:00 Quote
bhowl wrote:
stuiewarrior wrote:

Yeah ill try another 1mm spacer in there. It needs a new bearing tho anyhow.

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 11:56 Quote
FRED-01 wrote:
Grubs wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Well I just ordered a Tues Pro from the US website *Super stoked BTW* and it is scheduled for early May.... Availability for the Tues Pro on the US website reads 05/04/16, however if I switch to the CA website it reads 04/05/16 for the same bike. I think its safe to assume that the 09/03/16 on the CA website is DAY.MONTH.YEAR Smile

Sweet, thanks for the help. Just ordered a 2015 because they have some good deals on them currently. Cant wait to get it!

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 2:59 Quote
Looks like your Tues has much more sentiment to it now Shinysideup, just reading news that Kelly McGarry has passed age 32 of cardiac arrest.

Absolutely mortified, the world has lost such an inspirational mountain biker, ride in peace Kelly!

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 3:04 Quote
bobj wrote:
Looks like your Tues has much more sentiment to it now Shinysideup, just reading news that Kelly McGarry has passed age 32 of cardiac arrest.

Absolutely mortified, the world has lost such an inspirational mountain biker, ride in peace Kelly!

Yeah I've just read the same. Can't believe it - what a top rider and genuine nice guy, a tragic loss to the sport

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
bobj wrote:

Working nights and just woke up to an email from YT confirming this, i will try my best to shred the thing as he did
. Ride in peace big guy!

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
bobj wrote:

Working nights and just woke up to an email from YT confirming this, i will try my best to shred the thing as he did
. Ride in peace big guy!
Ride it with pride mate .
Give it a good hammering .

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
My mate brought the 2015 YT TUES. he paid 1500 as the prices are so low because they sell direct and yes they do ship to the uk. his came within two weeks of ordering. the bikes amazing and it has sram x9 shifters which you get on a bike worth £3500. i was looking at commercial supreme v4. there similar to yt as they sell direct as well but there not quite the same spec and are a bit more money.

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 5:00 Quote
I have a question for you guys with a Yt tues 2015 with Coilshocks. How much do you weigh and what spring rate do you have?

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 5:19 Quote
Danielrifum wrote:
I have a question for you guys with a Yt tues 2015 with Coilshocks. How much do you weigh and what spring rate do you have?

73-74 kg equiped. Default size M rate on vivid, 225lbs. Slightly soft? perhaps, it seems fine, yet I need more time to figure it out. At the most it'd be 250lbs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013956
Mobile Version of Website