YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 4:20 Quote
ramcrew wrote:
Jam29 wrote:
I have a 2016 Tues AL with the Kore Torsion SL wheels and the rear hub seems really quite compared to the e-thirteen hub thats on my Capra. Have any other Tues AL owners had the same? Really like a clicky rear hub so do I need to replace the hub with a Hope or thirteen in order for some noise?

I have the exact opposite Big Grin the hub on my tues pro is sooo loud. Any ideas on how to render the bike super silent?

Just put some thicker/more oil in the ratchet

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 7:41 Quote
She arrived...

photo

Rides pretty good first time out.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
Athey76 wrote:
She arrived...

photo

Rides pretty good first time out.

photo
photo
photo
photo
Yeow! Proper treatment for a tues tup

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
SaIty wrote:
ramcrew wrote:
Jam29 wrote:
I have a 2016 Tues AL with the Kore Torsion SL wheels and the rear hub seems really quite compared to the e-thirteen hub thats on my Capra. Have any other Tues AL owners had the same? Really like a clicky rear hub so do I need to replace the hub with a Hope or thirteen in order for some noise?

I have the exact opposite Big Grin the hub on my tues pro is sooo loud. Any ideas on how to render the bike super silent?
Switch to a DT Swiss 240s hub Razz I can't even hear it while riding

Cam Zink was touting his new signature Onyxracing silent hubs at Sea Otter and also in the Just the Tip segment I believe. Here is a link to his FB page with a vid with (lack of hub) sound. Silent is the new black it seems.

https://www.facebook.com/121214941259631/videos/1010575628990220/

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 3:41 Quote
If i could afford 2 bikes, 1 for DH and 1 for trail i'd also deffo have a Tues and Jefsy....I can't so my Capra does me fine for both Fab
--------------------------------

ramcrew i 2nd the notion to put grease in the hub to quiet it down. I did this to my E13 wheel before ever ridding the bike and it made it a lot quieter, not silent but a big diff.
Strange how some love a loud hub and some hate it....marmite Smile

Athey76 Brilliant air pix man Beer

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 5:59 Quote
Anyone have a close colour match of the red Tues cf pro..my bikes seat stays are chipped pretty bad wanna take the bad look of it.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Anyone have a close colour match of the red Tues cf pro..my bikes seat stays are chipped pretty bad wanna take the bad look of it.

Raid your missus' nail polish box

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:

I hear ya. my mate's pedal did an absolute number on mine a few weeks ago. Heartbreaking.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 8:44 Quote
Hey guys, quick question

The spring of my vivid seems to slam against the body of the damper and chews the paint off pretty good. Spring pre load is OK. Am I missing something or is this normal?

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

The spring of my vivid seems to slam against the body of the damper and chews the paint off pretty good. Spring pre load is OK. Am I missing something or is this normal?

Anormaly normal : have a look there : https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=171190

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 11:21 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

Normal, its spring deflection, some have it, some don't. Put some helitape or similar around the shock body.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 17:59 Quote
Right guys pay day is here do I buy a Tuesday al or na soda air? Where I live is steep and bumpy and is the town where josh bryclamd is from so any help would be great

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 23:37 Quote
relscb wrote:
Right guys pay day is here do I buy a Tuesday al or na soda air? Where I live is steep and bumpy and is the town where josh bryclamd is from so any help would be great

I suspect you're going to get a reasonably one-sided set of responses given you're in the YT thread. The truth is though, they are quite different bikes. I don't know much about the NS but I'd say this. If your primary role for this bike is for DH, then get a true DH bike. In which case, the Tues would win hands down.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 1:52 Quote
DuncanUK wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

Normal, its spring deflection, some have it, some don't. Put some helitape or similar around the shock body.

Thanks for the info. I put helitape around it as soon as I saw it and after a few descents it's chewing up the helitape...

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 2:47 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
DuncanUK wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
Hey guys, quick question

Thanks for the info. I put helitape around it as soon as I saw it and after a few descents it's chewing up the helitape...
Sounds like it's rubbing more than I assumed.
Other people have returned their shocks under warranty for this without any hassle, maybe the best way to go.
I've just ordered a Ti-Springs coil for mine, they are known to rub a little but I read that the spring bearings can reduce the likelihood of it rubbing so I've ordered one of those. You could try one of those to see if it helps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023024
Mobile Version of Website