YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 19, 2016 at 8:46 Quote
I have had really good experience with Hope brakes. But ive only used the tech 3 versions
Would absoluty recommend Both the E4 and V4.
I would like too try the x2 brakes

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 10:26 Quote
oli99 wrote:
why don't you try zees/saints? my zees have a ridiculous amount of power, and they are cheap. i think mbuk rated them higher than the respective hopes, although price was a factor i think

Was out in morzine last year and 4 of the guys with us had zee brake 2 pairs brand new and the others a month or so old. All 4 pairs died on the 1st day. Dunno if they where completely cooking them but I would have recommended them before that. Found my Guides to be great.Never faded or anything great modulation. I'd only replace them for hope v4s. Had e4s on my last bike and they where great.

Heard alot of mixed opinions on guides but mine have been great. Only gripe is the adjust sometimes gets clogged up with grit in the lever and wont turn.

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 11:00 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
oli99 wrote:
why don't you try zees/saints? my zees have a ridiculous amount of power, and they are cheap. i think mbuk rated them higher than the respective hopes, although price was a factor i think

Was out in morzine last year and 4 of the guys with us had zee brake 2 pairs brand new and the others a month or so old. All 4 pairs died on the 1st day. Dunno if they where completely cooking them but I would have recommended them before that. Found my Guides to be great.Never faded or anything great modulation. I'd only replace them for hope v4s. Had e4s on my last bike and they where great.

Heard alot of mixed opinions on guides but mine have been great. Only gripe is the adjust sometimes gets clogged up with grit in the lever and wont turn.

Sometimes you get what you pay for and for Hope that is true. Hope tech 3 brakes are expensive but they are just that
little extra. My E4 worked awesome in Morzine last year when it was CRAZY hot

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 12:04 Quote
oli99 wrote:
fair enough, can't really argue with that. I love my zees, i find them to be really powerful and its kinda nice as they are cheapish but they work really well for me, although i don't really notice much as long as they stop me. V4's the best then in your opinion?

I had zees on my old bike...don't like the shimano lever at all..loads of power from them but really inconsistent when you took the bike off the uplift trailer...because the bike was sitting vertically the lever always came into the bar and had to pump it to get any feel back.

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 12:23 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
oli99 wrote:
fair enough, can't really argue with that. I love my zees, i find them to be really powerful and its kinda nice as they are cheapish but they work really well for me, although i don't really notice much as long as they stop me. V4's the best then in your opinion?

I had zees on my old bike...don't like the shimano lever at all..loads of power from them but really inconsistent when you took the bike off the uplift trailer...because the bike was sitting vertically the lever always came into the bar and had to pump it to get any feel back.

I don't like Shimano levers either I prefer Straitline levers on Avid Code brakes. But I haven't tired Hope yet.

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
oli99 wrote:

bad experience with my last set of Saints. No amount of adjustment / bleeding could get a consistent lever feel.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 1:12 Quote
Has anyone got the Bos Idylle rare and Void manuals from the Tues pro in pdf that they could send me? They have some on the Bos site but wanted to make sure I got the correct ones.

Thanks

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 1:36 Quote
jb100 wrote:
Has anyone got the Bos Idylle rare and Void manuals from the Tues pro in pdf that they could send me? They have some on the Bos site but wanted to make sure I got the correct ones.

Thanks

For the Idylle:
http://boutique.bosmtb.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1423047956.pdf

For the Void:
http://boutique.bosmtb.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1459512310.pdf

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 2:36 Quote
SaIty wrote:
jb100 wrote:

Thanks

For the Idylle:
http://boutique.bosmtb.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1423047956.pdf

For the Void:
http://boutique.bosmtb.com/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1459512310.pdf

Be really careful if you have the FCV version of the fork..the pressure settings are different....

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 2:55 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
SaIty wrote:
jb100 wrote:

Thanks

For the Idylle:

For the Void:

Be really careful if you have the FCV version of the fork..the pressure settings are different....

Thanks! Good job I checked, I had the wrong manual for the void.

Yes mine is the FCV version but the manual in the link says FCV 2015 so should be okay shouldn't it?

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 3:11 Quote
jb100 wrote:
Travel66 wrote:

Thanks! Good job I checked, I had the wrong manual for the void.

Yes mine is the FCV version but the manual in the link says FCV 2015 so should be okay shouldn't it?

As far as i know it's the 2015 version on the Tues. But since you should set your pressure by measuring the Sag and not reading some numbers from the paper it doesn't matter.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 3:08 Quote
Okay my new stanchions finally arrived. Black looked sweet and so nice to have new seals and actually have them serviced.
photo

photo

New stanchions

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 7:37 Quote
just need a black shock stanchion now! nah nice bike mate, like the black stanchions by the way

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 8:11 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Okay my new stanchions finally arrived. Black looked sweet and so nice to have new seals and actually have them serviced.
photo

photo

New stanchions

Yeah mate! That BOS looks way sexier with them black stanchions.. Sick!

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 8:58 Quote
I paid for a carbon comp tues the other day. I was All excited..Then I emailed them and they said they won't be receiving bikes until end of June. Definitely bummed about that.

I'm around 200 pounds what spring weight do you guys recommend for the vivid?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017883
Mobile Version of Website