YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
325-350lbs should do you good. choose between the two depending on your preference of shock stiffness tup

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:38 Quote
bobj wrote:
325-350lbs should do you good. choose between the two depending on your preference of shock stiffness tup

ok cool thanks. I already have 300 and 350# springs I can try. Thats funny though because when I email Yt they said that a 250-275 should work good for my weight.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
At 200lbs a 250 was horrificly soft for me. to be fair i run my bikes on the firm side, and the tues is super progressive, but the initial softness of the 250 wasn't for me, was far more comfortable on the 325 i rode until i sold the vivid for a bos void

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
Dirk77 wrote:
I paid for a carbon comp tues the other day. I was All excited..Then I emailed them and they said they won't be receiving bikes until end of June. Definitely bummed about that.

Been waiting since February for my Pro... Distribution issues from Fox. Same updated eta for the end of June.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
FRED-01 wrote:
Dirk77 wrote:
I paid for a carbon comp tues the other day. I was All excited..Then I emailed them and they said they won't be receiving bikes until end of June. Definitely bummed about that.

Been waiting since February for my Pro... Distribution issues from Fox is what I heard. Same updated eta for the end of June.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
ok I like a stiff rear end as well I will try the 300/350. Id probably have to go Ti spring to get a 325# weight. I run the x-firm black spring in my boxxer and a 400# spring on my wilson.

Ya the waiting game always sucks.. It would be nice if their website actually showed the correct dates though.. The carbon comp shows 6/1/16

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 10:47 Quote
hate it when companies don't update dates/instock out of stock, been waiting 2 months to build my bike because of it. the waiting game definitely sucks lol

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 10:53 Quote
Paking wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:
Okay my new stanchions finally arrived. Black looked sweet and so nice to have new seals and actually have them serviced.
photo

photo

New stanchions

Yeah mate! That BOS looks way sexier with them black stanchions.. Sick!

Been emailing round the service company's in the UK looking for black stanchions nowhere seems to be able to get a hold of any..are yours bos stanchions??

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
Yeah they are. Was a bit of a ball ache to do. Got them through NS Dynamics - the only BOS certified service centre in Aus - but it took ages. Three months to be exact.
As always BOS wasn't particularly on the ball and even NS were getting frustrated with them. But that said, they did arrive and they look so much better. Just make sure the service centre is a certified BOS dealer and they'll be able to get them (eventually).

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 17:01 Quote
how has the durability of the frames been doing on these? especially the carbon models.. How are the bearings holding up? how are the axles and pivot axles doing? are they proving to be a generally reliable frame?

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 17:07 Quote
Dirk77 wrote:
how has the durability of the frames been doing on these? especially the carbon models.. How are the bearings holding up? how are the axles and pivot axles doing? are they proving to be a generally reliable frame?

For me, absolutely. Headset is a little questionable but everything else is rock solid.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 2:21 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Yeah they are. Was a bit of a ball ache to do. Got them through NS Dynamics - the only BOS certified service centre in Aus - but it took ages. Three months to be exact.
As always BOS wasn't particularly on the ball and even NS were getting frustrated with them. But that said, they did arrive and they look so much better. Just make sure the service centre is a certified BOS dealer and they'll be able to get them (eventually).

3 months is a long time alright...I'll not have them before morzine then????. Sent mad elk cycles in Dublin an email..they are the closest certified bos dealer to me. Hopefully they can get them!

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 3:24 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

3 months is a long time alright...I'll not have them before morzine then????. Sent mad elk cycles in Dublin an email..they are the closest certified bos dealer to me. Hopefully they can get them!

You tried jungle products in the UK?

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 3:38 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
andytheaussie wrote:

Well I would think that by now it might be a bit easier. Should be far quicker now.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
One more happy snap...

One more shot of the Tues with new black stanchions...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020893
Mobile Version of Website