YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 19:21 Quote
Anyone running a 203mm Ice Tech rotor on the 27.5 Boxxer? The 200mm Sram rotor works fine with my Zee brakes. But the 203mm locks against the caliper. 27.5 Boxxer is 200mm direct mount. Swapped my Guide R for some Zee brakes.

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 23:18 Quote
Yes I am. Fit a small (1 - 1.5mm) spacer under the caliper

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
Where did people get bearings for there 2015 tues cf in the UK?

Just trawling ebay im looking at around £80 ugh.

Emailed yt and they said they dont have them in stock. But its not even on the website so I'm think they just realized they cant afford to sell bearing kits at 50euros like the rest of their bikes..

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:

Emailed yt and they said they dont have them in stock. But its not even on the website so I'm think they just realized they cant afford to sell bearing kits at 50euros like the rest of their bikes..

Have a look at http://mbbearings.co.uk
Look at the specs on the exploded diagram and match the specs on that site... it wont be cheap though, high quality bearings are expensive, cheap bearings made in china are cheap for a reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RepARd6db7c

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 9:33 Quote
mrsteve1982 wrote:
stuiewarrior wrote:

Have a look at http://mbbearings.co.uk
Look at the specs on the exploded diagram and match the specs on that site... it wont be cheap though, high quality bearings are expensive, cheap bearings made in china are cheap for a reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RepARd6db7c

Yeah I wasnt going 2 buy cheap, its enough of a pain changing them haha.

I had a look but never seen mbbearings, good to see he put kits together. he hasnt got 1 for tues cf so I've emailed him all the sizes so he can if he likes.

cheers Stu

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
Not for a Tues but I just replaced the bearings on my YT and was about £90 for the full set of Enduro, not cheap but they look better than the stock bearings

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 4:32 Quote
bigquotesFinally, I am a bit confused by the springs people are running here. I thought I would need a 300 spring, maybe a 350. I got myself a 300 spring but when I measured sag (geared, attack position, many times) I got 27-28% with the 250 spring. That, together with the fact that it is a DH bike, and the fact that it is VERY progressive, makes me wonder why people run so much higher spring rates?

I forgot to add that I weight ~89 kg, lets say 90 kitted. I stayed with the 250 spring, did almost everything decently sized in Vallnord (including of course 2+m drops) and never bottomed out. I did feel that the bike sagged a bit in the turns, and that it didn't feel like a bike to "pump" around (but, is there a DH bike that should feel like this?). Maybe the sagging and non-pumpable feeling of the bike is the result of a lack of LSC which I setup that way to save the shock from locking up in HSC events? I have the 300 spring but I won't try it for now, because I feel the 250 uses the travel properly with my weight and my riding at least, and I am still figuring out the fork and the shock rebound, so I won't change the spring just to confuse myself more.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
dunger wrote:
Anyone running a 203mm Ice Tech rotor on the 27.5 Boxxer? The 200mm Sram rotor works fine with my Zee brakes. But the 203mm locks against the caliper. 27.5 Boxxer is 200mm direct mount. Swapped my Guide R for some Zee brakes.

the little black washers that come with the fork may have not been installed (they sit under the caliper giving correct clearance )

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 9:02 Quote
I had to regrease and clean out my TUES 2016 CF whilst out in Morzine, I notice that the top bearing does not sit perfectly in the top headset cup, it moves ever so slightly. the headset is not going lose or creaking etc but I am pretty sure that a bearing sitting flush into carbon should have no movement in it? Anyone have issues like this?

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
bigquotesFinally, I am a bit confused by the springs people are running here. I thought I would need a 300 spring, maybe a 350. I got myself a 300 spring but when I measured sag (geared, attack position, many times) I got 27-28% with the 250 spring. That, together with the fact that it is a DH bike, and the fact that it is VERY progressive, makes me wonder why people run so much higher spring rates?

I forgot to add that I weight ~89 kg, lets say 90 kitted. I stayed with the 250 spring, did almost everything decently sized in Vallnord (including of course 2+m drops) and never bottomed out. I did feel that the bike sagged a bit in the turns, and that it didn't feel like a bike to "pump" around (but, is there a DH bike that should feel like this?). Maybe the sagging and non-pumpable feeling of the bike is the result of a lack of LSC which I setup that way to save the shock from locking up in HSC events? I have the 300 spring but I won't try it for now, because I feel the 250 uses the travel properly with my weight and my riding at least, and I am still figuring out the fork and the shock rebound, so I won't change the spring just to confuse myself more.

Zink weighs 73 kg dry and is running a 300# spring this year for racing.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
Spoke to John at MB bearings and hes put a tues carbon bearing kit together

http://mbbearings.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_76&products_id=1247

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 10:45 Quote
hairy1976 wrote:
I had to regrease and clean out my TUES 2016 CF whilst out in Morzine, I notice that the top bearing does not sit perfectly in the top headset cup, it moves ever so slightly. the headset is not going lose or creaking etc but I am pretty sure that a bearing sitting flush into carbon should have no movement in it? Anyone have issues like this?

Similar on my CF tues :
Top bearing is loose and bottom one is thight.
Don't know how accurate carbon molding is, but maybe it was design like this and can correct eventual misalignment between the two bearings and avoid stress. Not anxious about that, it ride well.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 11:39 Quote
Cheers @groscreux ✊

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
hairy1976 wrote:
have the same on my capra.

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 22:22 Quote
The headset bearings get 'squashed' onto the angled partas you tighten down the headset, so dont worry. Smile
The canecreek bearings i fitted actually seemed to fit better than the standard, but its nothing to worry about.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012651
Mobile Version of Website