YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 17:32 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
I'm not to happy with Guide R's on my Capra, but RSC should be different ballgame. Brake lever has different actuation and has contact point adjust. I recently spoke to people that liked RSC more then Saints, because of better modulation. (They also mentioned that my Guide R in comparison is shit Razz )

I would like to give it a try because it works well with the matchmaker of gearshifter.

But can you elaborate your experience? Did you use Guide R, RS or RSC?

Wouldnt recommended rsc's the lever feel and modulation is fantastic but after 2 weeks in france mine were done..lever just kept coming straight to the bar.

I had the RS on my Tues and after about 5 rides they went to shit!! Called up Sram and they informed me that they were having some issues and I needed to send them back. They sent me a replacement set and upgraded me to the RSC. So far they have worked okay but they feel really spungy and pull all the way to the grip with even the slightest pressure.

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 21:32 Quote
I'm happy with the guides RS on my Capra but have hope stoppers on my Tues which are so much nicer on the big bike.

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 3:11 Quote
Do you guys bleed the RSC's? The ones I felt in real-life were not spongy at all, but had been bled.

We have to sets of Guide brakes at home for 2 years now, besides bleeding both sets once, no issues on the durability side.

@ Reto: I have basis Guide R and they don't have the swing link actuation. My GF has the guides RS's and they seem to actuate better. Which Hopes are you running?

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
Hope Tech 3 levers with the v4 calipers and the standard floating rotors

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
I have bled the RSC. They feel fine on my Capra as well but terrible on the Tues. I'll be swapping them out for hopes or saints or maybe TRP.

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 6:20 Quote
I have Guide RS on my Tues.
First times with them weren't really good : sometimes pistons stucked in caliper and lever feel very hard.
But now works really well, after a whole season in the Alps without bleeding.

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 9:49 Quote
I have only had my RSC along with my Tues for a few months but I was having to advance the pistons every few weeks. Mine came OE equipped with organic pads. Went to metallic/ sintered pads and this seemed to help a lot. They don't wear as fast so less frequent need for pad advancement/ bleed, and they are more resistant to fade and dissipate heat better. Made the lever feel a lot more consistent throughout long days of riding on 10 min descents. Also found that the contact point adjustment was basically maxed out when my bike arrived, meaning I could not advance the pads any more with the adjuster. Simple fix though, ran the adjuster all the way back the other way (huge gap between pad and rotor), removed the caliper, carefully advanced the pistons by slowly pumping the lever until pads were nearly touching the rotor, re-installed. Its cheating but no bleeds thus far. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 12:12 Quote
My Hope tech 3 V4 set just arrived(standard floating rotors). Maybe i get to test them in a few days Drool
Till now i had Saint brakes...not satisfied at all. Bite point inconsistency, had to bleed them often(air seems to get inside by magic, despite the fact that i even changed the hoses with goodridge braided and new fittings,new o rings), brake fluid coming out very dark with aluminium dust in it, master cylinder got stuck once, not very pleasant. So that's it, Saints just don't work for me, tried to tame them since last year, no luck Madder
Time for a change Smile

Reto, any special tips on the Hope brakes?

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
Thanks for the input Smile .

I just had my Guide R's bled and they felt like new again. (Which doesnt mean good lol )

Hope looks very good, but price is also steep. I haven't seem the TRP brakes that Gwin is running at European online shops yet.

BTW: Any speculation on coming 2017 models of the Tues?

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 23:13 Quote
They say that TRP G-spec will come out next year.

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 0:28 Quote
mamut500 wrote:
Reto, any special tips on the Hope brakes?

Take the caliper off for bleeding and turn it so the bleed port is at the highest point of the caliper and I would get new olives and the brass inserts if you want to shorten the hoses. Even tho they are technically reusable it is super finicky to get them off. Or maybe I just missed something, which is entirely possible Wink

cheers, Reto

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 1:17 Quote
I must be lucky but my experience with the Guide R that came with my 2016 Tues AL has been flawless. After 2 bike park weekends + a week riding hard in Morzine they are like new, and by far the most silent and consistent brakes I have ever tested, quite impressed actually. Maybe I don't brake too much? or maybe I'm slow lol.

I loved my old trusty 2011 Code Rs I had on my previous bike, but these are more consistent with heat (at least so far).

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 1:40 Quote
They should be fine after that long though. Zees have lasted 2 bike park weeks, plus a year of DH in the UK before they finally need a bleed, 3 sets of pads though

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 3:58 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
I must be lucky but my experience with the Guide R that came with my 2016 Tues AL has been flawless. After 2 bike park weekends + a week riding hard in Morzine they are like new, and by far the most silent and consistent brakes I have ever tested, quite impressed actually. Maybe I don't brake too much? or maybe I'm slow lol.

I loved my old trusty 2011 Code Rs I had on my previous bike, but these are more consistent with heat (at least so far).
mine are rubbing from light dh and light braking

Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 5:34 Quote
Athey76 wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
Groscreux wrote:
500 euros of discount on CF Comp Tues, costs now 3000 euros. No more hesitation possible ...
Didnt know that Smile .

https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-reviews/downhill-bikes/yt-tues-cf-pro-2016-bike-test.html

Famous sizing debate: I have a L Capra, which feels ok, but not really roomy...anyone of 183cm riding a L Tues? In above review they also claim it is small?

I'm 191cm and ride a 2016 Large CF Pro. I've never found it to be too small or cramped in the cockpit, weigh never too far forward. All in all I think it's fine.

I'm 183 and large 2016 Tues is perfect. Plenty of room, and it still feels really nimble (the massive reduction in weight to what i was used to might have a part to play in that as well...). I do have to concentrate on getting my weight forward in corners to keep the front weighted, but that's more my riding style and getting used to a longer bike.

For reference I came from a 2012 Saracen Myst in large, which feels considerably smaller in comparison.

Having said all of the above I've never ridden a medium to see what the difference would be.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016917
Mobile Version of Website