YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 0:43 Quote
I'm really not sure on the jeffys. I really want one but think I may be under biked and wish I got a Capra instead if I did buy one.
Anyone got a quick review

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 0:54 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
I'm really not sure on the jeffys. I really want one but think I may be under biked and wish I got a Capra instead if I did buy one.

Depends what you are riding, for trail riding including trail centres and natural stuff that isn't steep get the Jeffsy, I was ridiculously over biked for the majority of places that I ride with the Capra but I still have it for dh type stuff and uplift days. Dont let the wheel size put you off and the 140mm travel is pefrect for most UK riding.

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 5:41 Quote
Or get a 160mm airshaft for the Jeffsy and have a little bit of both.

Edit: never rode a Jeffsy tho

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

Jeffsy is so so rad for trail centre riding, local shredding and Blue+Red runs at bike parks. It's like a Trek Fuel on steroids. Great pedalling platform and handling and big aggressive tires + solid parts make it real capable.

Having taken my my Jeffsy to the Alps, BMCC and Revolution bike park there definitely are situations where you're under biked. Rock gardens on blacks have you crying out for more travel and on really big jumps and high speeds the wheels start to feel a bit flexible.

I've never not made it down, but I have definitely been seen cursing 140 travel.

I'd like to see a 160 lyrik on a Jeffsy, run the flipchip in low (to bring the BB back down) and then run an Angleset to bring the head angle back to something sensible. The seat angle would be a little compromised but you could just slide the seat forward on the rails.

You could also throw a coil shock in the back for steez.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Anyone know where I can source a Deity Micro Stem 35 DM? The only place I can see sells them is from the US and not looking to pay extra import costs.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:16 Quote
Why the hell are people complaining about chipped paint by the axle? and sending it back? Its a mountain bike for f**ks sake. Stop being a p***y and ride your damn bike!

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:32 Quote
rikko wrote:
Anyone know where I can source a Deity Micro Stem 35 DM? The only place I can see sells them is from the US and not looking to pay extra import costs.
I'm about to put a green one on eBay if it's any good for you. Had it on my tues for about 5 rides so it's in perfect condition in its box with the bolts it came with.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:
Why the hell are people complaining about chipped paint by the axle? and sending it back? Its a mountain bike for f**ks sake. Stop being a p***y and ride your damn bike!

Cos you spend your money expecting a new product in new condition

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
Mines away back to yt with a suspected cracked seat tube...hopfully its sorted quick!

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 12:48 Quote
Anyone see the new ad for "Does Size Matter?" I really hope it's a 27.5 Jeffsy or Plus HT

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 23:46 Quote
bikeis4life wrote:
Anyone see the new ad for "Does Size Matter?" I really hope it's a 27.5 Jeffsy or Plus HT

Website is down for maintenance!

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
radatabs wrote:
aw-gooner wrote:

Quite a minor flaw to make such a big fuss over don't you think? YT has always had very good customer service. I don't see a need in nitpicking over something so small.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 1:28 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:
radatabs wrote:
aw-gooner wrote:

Quite a minor flaw to make such a big fuss over don't you think? YT has always had very good customer service. I don't see a need in nitpicking over something so small.

I'd agree with him but I worked in a shop for 6 years, and a customer wouldn't expect their new bike to come with scratches or paint missing. If it did we would offer a price reduction or some free stuff, it is just what's expected. To be fair they held their hands up and sent him a t-shirt and some paint which to be honest will cost them a couple of Euro's, not a big deal to them but a massive deal to their customer and reputation

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 2:42 Quote
Jeffsy 27, already on youtube Wink

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
Holy moly that is tempting!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010084
Mobile Version of Website