Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 6:28 Quote
hwipwill wrote:
I did. Then I got it back because the guy I sold it to is an asshat, and wanted his STP back really bad. So I told him to give me some free parts, and some cash, and deliver it to my city. Plus, a buddy of mine knows the guy (but the guy doesn't know this) so I told my buddy to find out if he did anything to it, he literally rode it 3 times. He's not very smart. So, I got a bike to race on for the year (and blew the seals and f*cked with like 5 other things....)
i can guarentee he is smarter then you , and yes i do know this because i use to ride with him a bit when i was younger and knew him since i was like 8, plus its had to say someone is not very smart just by dealing with a trade, because with a trade you always try to make your deal better

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 6:29 Quote
olly-geary wrote:
Guys, am i right in saying you lower a Rockshox sektor in the same way you lower an rct?
if its a sektor air yes , coil no

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 8:42 Quote
Nashmeyer wrote:
hwipwill wrote:
I did. Then I got it back because the guy I sold it to is an asshat, and wanted his STP back really bad. So I told him to give me some free parts, and some cash, and deliver it to my city. Plus, a buddy of mine knows the guy (but the guy doesn't know this) so I told my buddy to find out if he did anything to it, he literally rode it 3 times. He's not very smart. So, I got a bike to race on for the year (and blew the seals and f*cked with like 5 other things....)
i can guarentee he is smarter then you , and yes i do know this because i use to ride with him a bit when i was younger and knew him since i was like 8, plus its had to say someone is not very smart just by dealing with a trade, because with a trade you always try to make your deal better
I don't mean his mental capacity and general learning knowledge, I'm talking about how he traded me for the stp 'cause he said he wanted something street, then he rode it like 4 times and then said he wanted the STP back 'cause he never rode the cap... that's what i mean.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 9:46 Quote
photo

If I had the money I'd buy it, not for the specs, not to use it as a donor, that picture made me fell in love with Octane One lol

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 10:23 Quote
Building up my first dj bike tomorrow. It's been built on a budget, and will have to ride trail to get out to features/jumps.

Fireeye Shortfuse 380
Marz dj1
Wtb freeride wheelset w/ no name hubs converted to SS.
Hussefelt crankset
Raceface atlas, not sure if I shoulda went higher rise - won't know till I ride it.

Prob leaving some bits out, but stoked to finally to try a different mtb discipline.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 11:02 Quote
hwipwill wrote:
Nashmeyer wrote:
hwipwill wrote:
I don't mean his mental capacity and general learning knowledge, I'm talking about how he traded me for the stp 'cause he said he wanted something street, then he rode it like 4 times and then said he wanted the STP back 'cause he never rode the cap... that's what i mean.
how does that make him dumb? when your out of highschool and work full time its not easy to get into street riding for some guys as there are alot of injuries to be had dealing with concrete , and alot of guys cant afford it to miss a month of wortk

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
You don't have to try insane stuff... whatever, different people, different bikes.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
erikthefatty wrote:
I only ride peer approved bicycles.
Meh, I ride my current bike because I like it. I'll have peer approved bikes, and then just keep riding this one.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 11:17 Quote
New seat, bars and fork on the bike, weight should be about 20.8 w/brake now haha

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 11:36 Quote
olly-geary wrote:
Guys, am i right in saying you lower a Rockshox sektor in the same way you lower an rct?

Just download the SRAM Argyle RCT pdf and they include a picture of the sektor air cartridge. Showing the difference between em. Use that.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 12:14 Quote
So I got my new forks! turns out after a crazy deal I now have new bars and stem too!

Basically bent the top 5mm of my steerer tube meaning my stem wouldnt clamp Blank Stare

so I put them up for sale as spares/people with short headtubes could use etc ..

I brought some forks,

Then my friend wanted to try out the argyles I had as spares, turns out he has 3" bars and an odyssey stem, with a higher stack than my dartmoor funky, so we swap, he puts it all together, it fits, but the bars sit 10mm higher on one side..

He then goes, f*ck it, gives me £££ for the forks and was so happy to have some forks that worked ( internally they are perfect)

I was so shocked, came out it quite nicely and hes as happy as larry!

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 12:33 Quote
browntown40 wrote:
Building up my first dj bike tomorrow. It's been built on a budget, and will have to ride trail to get out to features/jumps.

Fireeye Shortfuse 380
Marz dj1
Wtb freeride wheelset w/ no name hubs converted to SS.
Hussefelt crankset
Raceface atlas, not sure if I shoulda went higher rise - won't know till I ride it.

Prob leaving some bits out, but stoked to finally to try a different mtb discipline.

What year shortfuse? Lemme know how it rides, I had a 2012 and it felt pretty nice.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 13:14 Quote
Not sure on year but it's the current design.

Going to be baby blue/black/gold.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 13:14 Quote
willy94 wrote:
New seat, bars and fork on the bike, weight should be about 20.8 w/brake now haha
Revelation?
Rad. I can't wait to see it dude!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027915
Mobile Version of Website