Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: May 31, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
its 10 years old!

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
I would say anything 2001 and earlier qualifies currently.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
The boys out together for there first ride out
Mine and my wife's old dh bikes.

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 15:34 Quote
Drool perfect couple! the bikes of course!

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 23:57 Quote
We have moved on from them now Frown I'm on an Intense M3 and she's on a Canfield Jedi.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 15:39 Quote
sounds like she has a better bike then you Big Grin
deli-hustler wrote:
We have moved on from them now Frown I'm on an Intense M3 and she's on a Canfield Jedi.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 5:13 Quote
Jaredwood94 wrote:
sounds like she has a better bike then you Big Grin
deli-hustler wrote:

She does, but she uses a dh bike more than I do, so it makes sense she has a better bike.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 4:39 Quote
Hi, pretty rare Specialized FSR dual slalom Shaun Palmer edition. It's a 2000 or 2001 model. I'm not really an active member but because this bike seems to be so rare I wanted to share it anyway..

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 2:13 Quote
Another angle (pic from last night)

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 5:40 Quote
OB1 wrote:

photo

In Sweden it was sold as the Specialized S-Works dual slalom. It was sold as a framekit only, I have no idea on how many were made or what they were marketed as outside of Sweden.

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 5:52 Quote
[Quote="chaserider"]
OB1 wrote:

In Sweden it was sold as the Specialized S-Works dual slalom. It was sold as a framekit only, I have no idea on how many were made or what they were marketed as outside of Sweden.

I think this was not a framekit. The guy I've bought the bike from said it was an factory team build bike. He got it from the (Dutch?) Specialized team. The guy stated he was visiting events along with the Dutch teamriders. Don't know if that's true though, to be honest I am a newby in the sport...

What I do know is that when I bought it, the bike came with the same brakes, handlebar, seat, suspension and tires as the team bikes have. The guy also had specialized team clothing which he did not want to sell me Wink .

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
[Quote="OB1"]
chaserider wrote:
OB1 wrote:

I think this was not a framekit. The guy I've bought the bike from said it was an factory team build bike. He got it from the (Dutch?) Specialized team. The guy stated he was visiting events along with the Dutch teamriders. Don't know if that's true though, to be honest I am a newby in the sport...

What I do know is that when I bought it, the bike came with the same brakes, handlebar, seat, suspension and tires as the team bikes have. The guy also had specialized team clothing which he did not want to sell me Wink .

Teamriders rode it, thats for sure, but it was sold as a frame kit in Sweden, and probably in more countrys.
As memory serves teamriders rode it with Hayes brakes, Manitou X-vert forks, Answer ProTaper gold handlebars, Shimano gears and Mavic DeeMax wheelset.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016514
Mobile Version of Website