Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
Since we are in the old school thread here is another one i have on the back burner..

Yeti DH9 Lawwil

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 15:15 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Here are the 8inch plates..
Giant ATX special 8 linkage plates

Here is the build so far..(at the back)
Tues - Undead - ATX2

Giant ATX build.

Still cleaning this up and removing previous owners MBUK stickers

Giant ATX with Romic Twintube RaceFace North Shore ISIS Adventure Components guide amp VP SPD

Sweet a atx 2!! I had bought those lighting bolt discs but returned them because everyone told me they crack.. i take it the atx 2 didn't have the 8in plates from standard?

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 15:17 Quote
I think the standard ones are 6 inch

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 15:31 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
ah k mayb it was the team model that had 8in plates standard because I got 8in on mine but I think it was goldtec that made aftermarket 8in plates. That other dh bike you got is sweet what's that!?

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 16:05 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
ah k mayb it was the team model that had 8in plates standard because I got 8in on mine but I think it was goldtec that made aftermarket 8in plates. That other dh bike you got is sweet what's that!?

The closest one is Kelly Mcgarrys 2015 YT Tues rampage frame, the 2nd is an Evil Undead

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 16:17 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Since we are in the old school thread here is another one i have on the back burner..

Yeti DH9 Lawwil

Giddy Up!!! The end of an era right there! I still miss my old Straight 8.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 16:35 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Yeti DH9 Lawwil

Almost got one of those from Ebay a while ago but wasn't keen on the pull shock which would've been near impossible to get parts for. Cool bikes though

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
shwinn8 wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Yeti DH9 Lawwil

Almost got one of those from Ebay a while ago but wasn't keen on the pull shock which would've been near impossible to get parts for. Cool bikes though

The 2000 pull shock was my 1st S8. Super plush! And he's, no real replacement parts. I'm still silently hunting for another one

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 18:58 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

The closest one is Kelly Mcgarrys 2015 YT Tues rampage frame, the 2nd is an Evil Undead

The yt McGarry is a beautiful bike, just purchased a new glory myself can't wait to ride it

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 3:13 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

There was 6 and 8 inch version of ATX (there was a version for vbrake at rear too)

ATX One DH and ATX Two had the same frame but different components

I had the 6 inch from '99 ... on '00 it grow at 8 inch.

There was Goldtec plate as upgrade for 6 inch version but the rate travel/ammo raised from 3 to 3.6 so you had to change spring too.

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 3:21 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Yeti DH9 Lawwil

Damn, that right there is the sort of picture that makes me feel a little funny, like when we used to climb the rope in Gym class...

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 3:37 Quote
blacktea wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

There was 6 and 8 inch version of ATX (there was a version for vbrake at rear too)

There was Goldtec plate as upgrade for 6 inch version but the rate travel/ammo raised from 3 to 3.6 so you had to change spring too.

Cheers for explaining that, mines a 00 so explains the 8in travel

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 7:21 Quote
andydhteam wrote:
blacktea wrote:
andydhteam wrote:

You're welcome bro!

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 17:55 Quote
blacktea wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
blacktea wrote:

You're welcome bro!

I guess my ATX2 is '99 then as i'm sure the green plates are 6"
I've already got a stronger spring to allow for the change in leverage ratio with the BETD plates i have.

Cheers for the advice man.

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 23:02 Quote
blacktea wrote:
andydhteam wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

Just a clarification ... it was 7 inch, not 8 ( it was 180 cm.)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.118489
Mobile Version of Website