Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
^ agreed sherb.

I can't wait to get my super 8 and start building my good one up. Going to try to do some older parts and some new stuff too (want to go with a shiver dc for a fork but thinking spank spikes for rims.) my good super 8 is the polished one so I think polished spikes would look nice on it.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
Chilling after the ride. My Karpiel Apocalypse with Marzocchi Super Monster T next to my friend s Specialized Big Hit with Marzocchi Monster T.

To me this is old school at it's pinnacle.
Karpiel Apocalypse 2000
Super monster T forks
Seismic hubs
Grimeca system 17 6 pots on 220 rotors
Risse Astro shock
Arrow racing tyres.

Pretty much my dream huck build there. Unfortunately it got stolen from the owner Frown

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 17:46 Quote
Dude that is what I want my super 8 to look like. Just monstrous and would mow anything in it's path down. My friend in Ottawa is coming home the 23 with the hub and dropouts (no frame till next time unfortunately due to size and stuff for travel) but I'm stoked I can start her finally!

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 4:56 Quote
Just spotted this and had to share it for the lunatic ride height ^_^

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7o02ixIAc1qdcnewo1_500.jpg

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 9:30 Quote
That looks so awkward to ride, it's like you'd be standing straight up on the bike

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
I f*cking love the old huck bikes of yesteryear but i'm so glad things have moved on, awesome machines but no thanks.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 9:54 Quote
Does anyone know of any tires that look similar to those?? I love the beefy look but those ones are so hard to find. A guy pm'd me about selling his 2.6 and 3.0 but I kinda want both 3.0 haha. Hopefully he still has them but jw of anyone knew any that were similarly huge tup

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
You can still get Duro Razorbacks in 3.0.
I have stocked up on them so I would never run out, they look pretty large.

Picture for reference:
Banshee scream
  Banshee scream

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 11:29 Quote
bonastab wrote:
Just spotted this and had to share it for the lunatic ride height ^_^

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7o02ixIAc1qdcnewo1_500.jpg

Man every part of that bike is super sized!

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 4:19 Quote
817moto wrote:
Does anyone know of any tires that look similar to those?? I love the beefy look but those ones are so hard to find. A guy pm'd me about selling his 2.6 and 3.0 but I kinda want both 3.0 haha. Hopefully he still has them but jw of anyone knew any that were similarly huge tup

They look like Nokians - if you can get hold of Halo products there, you could go for two Contra tyres - those are 3.0
But not sure if they are 24" only actually.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 6:38 Quote
bonastab wrote:
817moto wrote:

They look like Nokians - if you can get hold of Halo products there, you could go for two Contra tyres - those are 3.0
But not sure if they are 24" only actually.
ya those are the nokians but they're so hard to find anymore! I was just looking for any other ones similarly massive haha. I will look into the halo's for sure.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 9:02 Quote
I stockpile my 3.0's like I do my ammo, cause you never know when your gonna need em.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
That looks so awkward to ride, it's like you'd be standing straight up on the bike

its a huck bike you dont ride it, you push it to the top then point it the nearest drop that is all.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 16:53 Quote
I have 2 brand new 3" nokians

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 17:40 Quote
Murphyslaw wrote:
I have 2 brand new 3" nokians
was that a *hint hint*? Or a statement. I'm jelly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013912
Mobile Version of Website